As a Venture Associate, you will work and collaborate across scientific, operational, and business areas to build new biotech companies from idea to Series A. You will work daily with Founders to help them build their ideas into companies, and also have space to explore your own ideas. This role requires a PhD and a tremendous passion for advancing science into medicines for patients.
This role will report to a Venture Partner with autonomy owning various stakeholders, projects, and initiatives in a dynamic start-up environment while keeping up the pace of 82VS. This is you!
How You’ll Drive Impact
- Collaborate: support Venture Partners with deep science knowledge to create new companies from ideas; includes identifying drug targets, designing experiments, exploring disease pathology, making slides, analyzing business transactions, reading scientific papers, and writing memos
- Explore: constantly explore new ideas or areas of science and medicine; learn about new company ideas you find exciting and interesting
- Problem-Solve: take the initiative to identify and tackle new challenges; apply logic, resourcefulness, and imagination to develop creative and effective solutions to problems
- Communicate: distill complex scientific information into company stories and pitch decks for a broad set of audiences from domain experts to non-scientists
- Partner: engage with company Founders broadly across multiple companies and across the larger Alloy Therapeutics ecosystem; proactively help them identify challenges and develop solutions
Why We Value You
- You have deep scientific expertise in one or more areas which adds to the collective Alloy and 82VS team knowledge and perspective
- You read scientific journals and biotech newsletters not because you have to, but because you want to
- You are comfortable learning about new areas of knowledge with which you have limited familiarity
- You have a clear sense of what ‘good’ or ‘bad’ science looks like, and are great at figuring out what the most critical “deal killing” experiment would be to evaluate a scientific idea
- You have strong communication skills including verbal, written, and slidecraft
- You have demonstrated an incredible work ethic, strong time management skills, and the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- You are comfortable identifying, proposing, structuring, and advancing projects independently
- You thrive as a member of a team, collaborating with others, and helping others with challenges they face
- You lead from the front and exhibit core principles of followership including self-efficacy, humility, and commitment
- You are generous when others are needy, greedy, or fearful
- PhD required in biosciences or a field related to the work at 82VS and Alloy
- Professional experiences or internships (e.g., consulting, startup, VC, pharma)
- Ability to work onsite in Waltham, MA 2-3 days per week
- Ability to work across various US and international time zones
- Accommodate occasional travel as needed (10%)
Taking Care of Our People
We support the individuality of what people need to do outside of work to empower them to do their best at work. While you focus on making better medicine together, we focus on programs and benefits that support a diverse and growing team. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, Alloy offers a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefits starting from day one.
- Competitive base and equity compensation401(k) company match and financial planning
- Unlimited PTO (paid time off) and flexible schedules
- Generous personal and family medical, dental and vision benefits with 90% of premiums and deductibles covered
- Company-paid disability (STD, LTD) and life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Family planning support up to $50,000 (e.g. IVF/PGT, adoption, surrogacy, egg retrieval)
- Flexible work schedule built around our team-driven philosophy
- International travel insurance
- Annual stipend for continuing education with commitment to your career through individualized professional development plan
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Here at Alloy, we democratize capabilities for discovering and developing therapeutic biologics. So, being diverse and inclusive isn’t just something we strive for, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure that as an employee, you feel Alloy is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self to work.
Alloy Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, or other legally protected status. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your request for disability assistance as soon as possible.
We are a venture studio leveraging Alloy’s pre-competitive drug discovery platforms. Established drug discovery, scientific, and lab resources allow e...