Community & Events Coordinator
US candidates only. We are unable to sponsor work visas now.
Role will report to Maddie Callander, Partner at Boost VC.
About Boost VC:
Boost VC is an early stage venture capital firm with $200m AUM in San Mateo, CA founded by Adam Draper & Brayton Williams. Boost VC leads Pre-Seed rounds for Deep Tech startups. We invest $500k in 25-30 startups each year.
Boost VC invests in technical teams using Deep Tech to change the world - crypto, ai, robotics, virtual reality, aerospace, climate and bio – and select investments include: Coinbase, Etherscan, FitXR, Golf+, Volley, Starfish Space, Radiant, Cascade Bioscience, Hullbot and many more. As a fund, Boost VC is also actively involved in supporting the deep tech startup and investor ecosystems, and actively runs 25+ events per year for the internal portfolio and broader community.
Boost VC is currently seeking a Community & Events Coordinator who will drive engaging and interactive events, speakers and community programming for our founders and investors. As an early stage fund, our ideal candidate is a community builder + operational powerhouse. You apply a startup mentality to help us stay close to our founders, understand what they need, and develop events and opportunities to build the brand to grow our deep tech community and ecosystem. Together, we will create and host our own events, digital and live, big and small – and are on a mission to build the best platform to support our growing community of deep tech founders and investors.
- Building our Community Infrastructure.
- Actively engaging with the community to drive conversations, connections and surfacing what our founders want and need.
- Activating our community online + in person, providing connections to our global network of Boost VC portfolio companies.
- Building infrastructure and finding the right tools to help us scale how founders connect with one another.
- Building relationships with strategic vendors and partners that can accelerate the growth of our companies.
- Responsible for the end-to-end process for all events.
- Boost VC actively runs 25+ events per year for the internal portfolio and broader community including our Annual Summer Party, Bi-Annual Founder Summits, many Portfolio Founder Events, Investor Dinners and Happy Hours, Bi-Annual Deep Tech Demo Days, and LP Meetings.
- This role will create and execute end-to-end integrated and actionable event plans, including overall event objectives, presence, promotion, collateral, onsite plan, post-event follow up and internal event recaps.
- Manage events budget, vendors, and all logistics.
- You will also be responsible for coming up with and producing new events that strengthen the Boost VC brand and foster our community.
- Support our post-investment Go-to-Market Program.
- You’ll be responsible for the events, speakers and community building for our 10-week post-investment Go-to-Market Program for our portfolio founders..
- In addition to supporting the nuts and bolts behind the scenes, you’ll work on building core curriculum and programming.
- You’ll coordinate everything from high level content down to individual decisions about food and session topics.
- We currently run the core Program 2x a year.
- Bachelor’s degree from a top undergraduate program
- At least 3–4 years of relevant experience, which includes experience in event planning, project management, and internal communications
- Familiarity with GSuite, Airtable, Notion, Hubspot, Canva and basic design experience
You could be great at Boost VC if:
- You have startup / VC Platform experience. You’ve worked at a fast-growing startup or have worked in service of startups. You know what these customers care about, and how they operate.
- You are obsessed with details. Maybe you were a former wedding planner or event coordinator. You might be the one organizing group vacations and sending out Venmo requests. You are absolutely on every little detail and your peers and friends comment on your impressive detail-orientation.
- You’re motivated to design initiatives from scratch – You are a natural connection builder who isn’t afraid to cold e-mail and also treats each relationship with respect.
- You are product-oriented. You don’t need to be a PM, but you can solve problems with a product lens in order to help us scale to keep supporting founders.
- You are service oriented. Venture capital is a service business, and we exist to serve the needs of our founders and their teams. You will have a profound ability to impact others and support the growth of an outstanding group of companies.
- You are proactive. As we strive to be responsive to the needs of our community, that often means seeing a problem that needs to be fixed and doing so without being asked.
Bonus points if you are excited about:
- You are curious about Deep Tech. You are curious about technology and desire to meaningfully support technical founders.
- You are excited about working on a small, hard-working, dynamic team. You are highly independent and have a self-directed work ethic.
To apply, email Maddie Callander (email@example.com) your resume and your written responses to these four questions:
1. Why are you interested in the Community & Events Coordinator role at Boost VC and why would you be a good fit? (200 words max)
2. Share an example of a community event you have organized in the past year. What was the objective of the event and how did you achieve that goal? (200 words max)
3. How do you gather post-event feedback, and can you share an instance where this feedback led to a significant change in your subsequent community driven events? (200 words max)
4. What strategies do you employ to encourage active engagement and participation within an online community? (200 words max)
From the initial applications, a select group will be invited to interview. The expected start date for the role would be in Q1 2024.
Please note that this is not a role on the Boost VC investment team, nor should it be considered a path to one. That said, you’ll have frequent and meaningful contact with all of our partners and professionals, investing and otherwise.
Boost VC is a venture capital firm that leads pre-seed rounds in deep tech.