! We are not working with recruiters on this role !
Sequel is a community of the world’s best athletes investing in the world’s best startups, making a positive impact.
We are on a mission to help athletes build legacies for their families and for the world.
We are a seed-stage company founded and backed by experienced serial entrepreneurs with several successful exits.
A world-class team is looking for a world-class full-time Data Scientist to help us build and improve our VC and founder facing tools.
What you will be working on
- Implement tools that surface trends in the investment world
- Strengthen our data-driven methods of identifying startups
- Create tools that let us apply data insights you generate
We are here to win - not just to take part. Just like our clients who operate at the elite level of sport, we understand that in order to win; we need to put in the work. This means going the extra mile, being willing to do what others will not and holding ourselves to a higher standard. Some companies play to not lose, we play to win. We are proactive, decisive and have the courage to take risks.
We pay it forward - we are always helpful. To customers, to partners and most importantly to each other. Not because it will ‘pay back’, because it’s the right thing to do.
We are adaptable - we understand in a world that is changing faster than ever before - the only constant is change. The average lifespan of a Fortune 100 company in 1958 was 61 years, now it is 18 years. We adapt to a changing world, constantly iterating, moving forward and staying relevant.
Yes first - we are on a mission to build something which has never been done before from the ground up. It will be a hard journey full of challenges which are currently unsolved. Our culture is defined by the fact that when we are confronted with challenges, we work from the assumption that it is possible to overcome them.
We are transparent - we challenge each other. Regardless of title, seniority or reporting lines. We give feedback and we are hungry to receive it. We value honest feedback delivered with kindness, and we value people who ask questions.
We always trust, respect and care for each other - it’s no easy feat working in a startup, let alone one with goals as ambitious as ours. At sequel we believe no one is ever too busy to support fellow team members and that we should always be helpful, inclusive and selfless in the way we work. Diversity of background and thought is celebrated as we respect and appreciate what makes us all different. We don’t tolerate free riders, egos or workplace politics.
🏆 Who You Are
- You are interested in data science and research but also in applying your insights
- You previously worked in the field of VC/hedge data or data scraping
- You know either Python or TypeScript
- Bonus: experience with React and Retool
- Bonus: You know your way around Firebase and GCP
- An avid learner constantly exploring new technologies and tinkering with LLMs & vector databases at the moment
- You have a big interest in building systems that handle millions of data records
- You don't shy away from making data come to life working on the back- or frontend
- A brilliant communicator - you are not afraid to tell if something is going in the wrong direction and you want to correct early on
- You have an existing passion for or an interest in learning more about the worlds of startup investing and professional sport
- 💰 Meaningful options package
- 🏥 Private healthcare
- 🧘 We offer perks through Juno, a holistic perks platform
- 🍼 Generous parental leave policy
- 🏢 We believe our best work is done together in the office, but we offer flexibility for team members to work up to 1 day per week at home
- 💻 Choose your own equipment
- 🏝 25 days off + bank holidays
- 📚 £500 per year learning and development budget
- 🏋️ Gym Membership Contributions
Sequel is a community of the world's best athletes investing in the world's best startups, making a positive impact.