Investment Analyst (Intern)
Origgin Ventures is an established Venture Creator in Singapore and has also recently established its Venture Capital arm” Origgin Capital”. We are looking for an intern to join our investment team in Singapore on a full-time basis for a period of 6 months. As a part of the investment team, you would have to be versatile and adaptive to changes; so if this sounds like you, please send your CV to email@example.com and tell us why you would be a good fit for the role.
About Origgin Ventures
Origgin Ventures Pte Ltd is a pre-seed investment/Venture Creator firm based in Singapore. We specialise in commercialising deep technologies from the universities and research institutes through a concept called Venture Co-Creation (VCC®). Currently our portfolio spans more than 30 successful spin-offs across different industries. As such, we are looking for highly motivated individuals interested in deep technologies and startups to join us.
About the role:
We are recruiting an intern to support our strategy, investment and portfolio management activities across the region. We’re looking for bright, motivated, and talented individuals who can contribute meaningfully and become a critical member of our team. We want someone who is eager to gain a detailed understanding of the operations of a venture capital firm and begin to develop the skills required to become a venture capital investor.
- Engage in the fundraising efforts on portfolio companies and Origgin (Pitch Decks, Investment Collaterals)
- Access and assist in Investor Engagement (Family Offices, HNWIs, Fund on Funds etc)
- Keep up to date with market developments, regulations, competitors and market landscape and all other areas that can affect VC investment
- Conduct commercial due diligence on targeted technologies to assess financial metrics and growth potential
- Support senior investment team with research, preparation of presentations and execution of firm strategy and events.
- Eligibility to work in Singapore
- Experience: Prior experience in areas of investment banking, corporate finance, private equity, venture capital and consulting are not necessary but will be viewed favourably.
- Interest in the deep-tech startup/VC ecosystem
- Strong financial modelling experience
- Self-starter, ability to thrive and perform in an unstructured environment
- Good analytical abilities and problem-solving skills
- Fast-learner, and able to juggle and complete multiple priorities and projects (internally and externally) in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work full time over the period of June 2023 to December 2023. (candidates unable to take LOA from school will not be eligible for the role), candidate who are able to start earlier will be viewed favourably
For more information about Origgin Ventures, please visit https://www.origgin.com/
Funding and commercialising exciting Deep-Tech solutions via Venture Co-Creation (VCC).