Tenmile is the newest business division within Tattarang and has a focus on venture investments in the healthtech field (including biotech, medtech, life sciences, healthcare and digital health). With a unique, evergreen model, the weight and relationships of Tattarang, and an initial allocation of $250 million, the business is well situated to reshape healthtech venture capital in Australia and bring new opportunities to Australian innovators and founders in these fields.
About the Job
Tenmile is providing an exciting opportunity for a high performing and outcome focused individual to join the investment team of this new business.
Working closely with the Investment Manager and other team members, the Investment Analyst has a key role in managing incoming deal flow, screening and evaluating investments as well as in reporting and tracking investments and overall portfolio progress.
The Investment Analyst will be involved in all aspects of the investment process from screening to due diligence and Investment Committee approval.
The Analyst will conduct landscaping work within domains of interest within the broader Healthtech field, monitor prospective fund investments and develop a complete understanding of emerging companies within Tenmile’s focus areas.
Finally they will be involved in building the Tenmile community of investee companies and partners, facilitate knowledge sharing between investees and help investees tap into the Tenmile network of expertise as needed.
- A university degree (science, business/finance or combined) plus a minimum of 3 years sector experience, e.g. in finance, strategic, biotech or health technology businesses, management consulting or other VC/funds management firms.
- Understanding of the venture capital/private equity industry including life science and healthcare business models and IP considerations.
- Sound analytical, written and technical skills, including proficiency in financial modelling, valuation and returns analyses.
- Minimum of 3 years sector experience, e.g. in finance / strategic, biotech or health technology businesses, or management consulting or other private equity/VC/funds management
- Direct investment / analysis experience in healthcare, medtech, biotech or life sciences highly favoured
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively with internal and external parties
- A highly-motivated self-starter with the ability to work both independently and within a team context
- A personal interest in venture capital and innovation
- Related work experience in management consulting, corporate advisory, industry or start-up companies an advantage, particularly with healthcare and technology based companies.
Please attach your resume and a cover letter explaining why you are interested in the opportunity.
Applications close Monday 10 December 2023.
Please note we reserve the right to close applications early should a suitable candidate be identified.
At Tenmile, we seek to address unmet needs in human health and support the development of a globally significant health science and technology sector ...