MBA Fellow - '24 Spring Semester
Collide Capital is an early-stage venture capital firm that envisions a world where capital is awarded to founders best positioned to solve the next generation of global challenges.
Collide Capital is led by two Black GPs who founded AfroTech and BLCK VC. With institutional training from Goldman Sachs, Bain & Co, Harvard Business School, and Stanford Graduate School of Business, they set out to raise a $40M Fund 1 and successfully closed in 2022 with an oversubscribed vehicle with $66M in AUM. To date, Collide Capital has backed over 40 companies, of which 80%+ are led by Black, Latinx, or Female Founders.
Collide Capital invests in early-stage companies from pre-seed to Series A, with a focus on founders building transformational enterprise SaaS, supply chain infrastructure, and Gen-Z minded consumer software.
Collide Capital seeks to work with current MBA students, or professionals with at least 5 years of work experience, excited to be a part of building a new firm as part of our growing team. The MBA Fellowship is a core component of Collide Capital’s vision for building a next generation venture firm.
We have hosted 19 Fellows over four semesters and two summers. Fellows are tasked with meaningful and impactful work that advances both their venture career and our firm initiatives. This role is ideal for someone who has deep interest in the operational, investment, and platform sides of venture capital. MBA Fellows will have the opportunity to take ownership of independent projects directly related to the firm’s strategic, investment, and programmatic goals. They will have the opportunity to source and diligence deals; participate in weekly investment meetings; create content for the firm; and engage and build relationships with stakeholders in the venture ecosystem, from founders to fund managers.
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Responsible for 1-2 key projects that will require a blend of research, analysis, networking, and content creation to support Collide Capital’s investing, operational, and/or platform strategies.
- Supporting with deal flow management, including researching and analyzing investment opportunities and attending industry-related events such as demo days and pitch meetings.
- Performing due diligence on prospective portfolio funds and drafting investment memos.
- Tracking existing portfolio company performance, tracking key metrics and ensuring founders feel well supported by Collide.
- Supporting with Collide operational activities.
- Supporting ecosystem-building activities and programs.
- Full-time MBA or comparable graduate-level coursework or comparable work experience, preferably at a tech or financial services firm
- Background in venture investing, private equity, financial services, or comparable industry
- Strong written, verbal, and analytical skills
- Excellent quantitative and qualitative skills
- Diligent, thorough, and attentive to detail
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Experience with operational platforms such as Affinity and Airtable is a plus
- Strong enthusiasm for startups, tech innovations, and entrepreneurship
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States
It’s important to note that we’re still in startup mode ourselves! We’re building quickly, and other responsibilities will emerge as we build up our internal operations. We’re excited to partner with someone who can excel in ambiguity with a strong entrepreneurial drive and ability to take projects from concept to delivery.
Term: Collide Capital is looking to bring 3-4 fellows during the Spring term. This fellowship takes place from late January through early May 2024, with an expected commitment of 10 hours per week.
For inquiries about future positions in the winter or summer terms, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Compensation: We offer both paid fellowships and unpaid fellowships for academic credit. The type of fellowships available vary each semester.
Details: This is a remote position.
Application: Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. Deadline to apply by 11:59 PM EST December 15, 2023.
Collide Capital is committed to creating a diverse environment free of discrimination and harassment, and building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Collide Capital is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity
Collide Capital’s mission is to guide founders on their institutional capital journey and equip them with resources, knowledge networks, and hands-on ...