ABOUT XORA INNOVATION
Xora Innovation, a wholly owned subsidiary of Temasek, invests in disruptive, world-changing ventures forged by ambitious founders and powered by compelling scientific breakthroughs. Headquartered in Singapore, Xora is an early-stage deep tech investing company, wholly owned by Temasek. We are looking for individuals with creativity, intellect, passion, grit, curiosity, openness, and resilience.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are seeking a dynamic Talent Partner with a sophisticated understanding of the talent needs of venture-backed, high-velocity deep tech startups.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious talent professional to really make an impact. The Talent Partner will be responsible for building a robust talent pipeline and talent management infrastructure for the long-term benefit of our Company and our affiliates. You will be working closely with our leadership, company builders, founders, and business partners to attract, develop, and retain the best deep tech talent across the globe.
The successful candidate will possess a successful track record of developing and executing on talent strategy in service of business objectives, through both traditional and innovative sourcing platforms. The Talent Partner will be a strong culture carrier and a thinker/doer, serving as a brand champion and thought partner to executive management while still enjoying ‘front line, in the trenches’ work with founding teams.
This position requires you to work from the Company’s headquarters in Singapore.
- Work with executive management to develop talent roadmaps, strategies, plans, and pipelines that propel the Company’s overall business objectives.
- Work closely with hiring managers to define staffing priorities, write job descriptions, develop candidate profiles and role-specific recruiting strategies.
- Utilize traditional and digital sourcing strategies that increase the probability of technical, behavioral, and cultural fit.
- Communicate the value proposition of each position, recruit candidates, and screen/interview each to find the best match for the open positions.
- Develop interview guides and assessment tools to objectively assess qualifications, skills, behavioral and cultural fit; orient hiring managers so they can interview effectively and systematically.
- Screen, develop, and manage a preferred group of talent sources and recruiting partners, including retained and contingent search firms, to support executive and specialty recruiting needs.
- Maintain a strong professional network to keep updated on relevant sources, trends, best practices, and tools for efficient and effective search & recruiting.
- Manage the talent acquisition process, including through the use of toolsets for applicant tracking, pre-employment checks, and candidate assessment, to ensure an efficient and effective process consistent with agreed upon time, cost, and quality standards.
- Partner with HR for seamless onboarding of successful candidates.
- Build a strong employer brand, enhancing the Company’s reputation as an employer of choice among target candidates.
- In partnership with the Investment team and Chief Operating Officer, drive recruitment and talent development across affiliates and portfolio companies.
- Develop and execute a culture playbook that integrates our purpose, values, aspirations, and brand.
- Drive the development of performance assessment framework that aligns individual, business unit, and Company-level objectives.
- Support HR Manager by advising on staff mobility and deployments, including career progressions and successions, talent development (including training and coaching).
- Serve as the go-to-resource for advice on developing high-performance teams, including organizational structuring/development, performance assessment systems, and compensation frameworks.
- Develop and maintain dashboard of metrics and analytics to continuously assess the performance of talent functions in meeting the Company’s overall business objectives.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant discipline from an accredited university.
- At least 7 years of experience in full cycle talent management in a venture capital or private equity setting or with high growth venture-backed startups.
- At least 5 years of experience with executive level search, preferably in deep tech or industrial
- Strong global deep tech talent network that can be immediately brought to bear.
- Deep understanding of the deep tech talent landscape and ‘recruiting pockets’ across the globe, especially for executive-level talent.
- Track record of recruiting world-class executive teams (CxO level) at high growth startups.
- Track record of interacting with and advising senior level positions in organizations (CxO level).
- Tech-savvy with systematic and methodical approach to network and relationship development, employing best-in-class tools and platforms.
- Working knowledge of R&D-driven, B2B companies, and solid familiarity with core business priorities and requirements of emerging ventures, especially with respect to R&D and Product Development talent.
- Ability to produce well designed, professional PowerPoint presentations.
- Exceptional verbal and written English communication skills.
We invest in disruptive, world-changing ventures forged by ambitious founders and powered by compelling scientific breakthroughs.