Social Media & Community Manager
We are looking for a Social Media & Community Manager for 12-16 hours/week. Over the last years, we have built our online presence on LinkedIn and beyond. Now, we’d like to take it to the next level in order to boost our deal flow and access to talents. Join our team and help us gain visibility with start-ups, co-investors, talents, and media, and engage with the wider ecosystem. You will be responsible for our social media and community management activity, incl. owning our LinkedIn account, organizing events, tracking industry conferences and sponsorship opportunities. Your skills and creativity will be instrumental in strengthening our awareness and reputation in our community and beyond.
We would like to strongly encourage applications from non-traditional, diverse backgrounds.
Online & Social Media
- Define our online & social media strategy in collaboration with our investment team
- Devise and execute comms plans around our website and social media assets
- Generate ideas for posts, campaigns, and development opportunities incl. thought leadership
- Create content including texts, videos, and visuals (partly in collaboration with our PR agency)
- Track and analyze trending topics and sentiments in our space (social listening)
- Content maintenance (ensuring consistency across our accounts, website, and blogs)
- Community management of social media channels
- Regularly report on social media and PR performance (incl. peer benchmarking)
- Ensure brand consistency in all social media and PR efforts
- Coach and motivate the investment team in terms of content creation and social media utilization
- Plan and execute events with entrepreneurs and fellow investors (e.g. after-work drinks)
- Keep track of relevant industry events, prioritize and coordinate attendance internally
- Evaluate media inquiries, speaking engagements, and event participation
- Organize and manage interview requests and support creation of press releases
- Enrolled in a university program in marketing, PR, communications, journalism, or a similar subject
- Excellent written and spoken English and German
- Knowledge of social media – esp. LinkedIn – and their latest trends, analytics and best practices
- Some professional experience in communications & PR / writing / marketing / social media
- Proficiency in MS office programs (PowerPoint, Excel, Word) and Photoshop
- Can stay on board long-term, ideally 1+ year
- Optional: First professional experience in the startup, media or venture capital industry
What will help you succeed in the role
- Ability to think creatively and generate innovative and engaging ideas for social media content
- Advanced writing skills and the ability to present complex topics in a creative and informative way
- Eagerness to roll up your sleeves and dive in on challenging, complex problems
- A creative thinker, team player, and problem-solver to confidently work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong analytical skills to track, interpret and report social media and online metrics
- Enthusiastic, curious, and self-motivated individual, setting and following high standards
- Proactive, detail-oriented and taking ownership of your work
- Good project and time management skills
- Passion for entrepreneurship, startups, and the venture capital ecosystem
- Exposure to the latest technology trends and groundbreaking startups
- Ample room for initiative, responsibility, and the opportunity to contribute and implement own ideas
- Insights into the processes and ways of working of one of the most experienced VCs in Europe
- Direct communication and flat hierarchy within a creative, humorous, and dynamic team
- Beautiful office in Munich Bogenhausen + flexibility for remote work
MIG Capital is one of the leading German early-stage venture capital firms. We invest in Deep Tech (Advanced Computing, IoT, Robotics, Space…) and Life Sciences (Biotech, Medtech, Digital Health…) start-ups. Our team is a mix of engineers, biologists, physicists, lawyers, consultants, investors – and above all, entrepreneurs. We provide pioneers with the support, connections and capital needed to build companies that move the world forward.
Our funds represent more than EUR 1.3 billion committed capital from retail and institutional investors. Since 2004, the firm has invested in >50 companies including for example Biontech (IPO in 2019), IQM, and Konux.
If you are passionate about social media, community building, the VC and startup ecosystem, we would love to hear from you!
We look forward to getting to know you!
From vision to value. Together, we build the companies that move the world forward.