Operations Intern, Techstars Tel Aviv Accelerator
This role is a temporary contract position until mid January 2024 (80% Part-time)
As an Intern, you will work with the following amazing batch of startups as they grow from early-stage to venture-backed companies. This opportunity is a great way to expand your network from entrepreneurs to investors to mentors. You will have the opportunity to support 12 notable early-stage companies throughout our 13-week accelerator program while working alongside the Techstars Industries of the Future team and many of our program partners. As the Operations Intern, you will work directly with the program team and founders working to support the overall execution of the accelerator.
We are a small team, energized by working with companies that are creating meaningful change in the startup ecosystem and passionate about leading with diversity, equity, and inclusion at the forefront of our investment thesis. We find profound purpose in the work we do, and we are looking for a team member who aligns well with this mission, is a culture contributor, excels in operations (the backbone of our program), and gets things done!
Being a Techstars Intern is a chance to get an amazing experience, broaden your network in ways you could never imagine, and get exposure to some of the greatest up-and-coming companies and teams in the country.
General Job Description
This role is responsible for administrative duties and operational execution throughout the duration of the accelerator program. Logistics experience and familiarity with the early-stage venture-backed company ecosystem are preferred. A willingness to learn and comfort in tackling new problems is a must. This role is a temporary, full-time position.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Support the organization and execution of the program (i.e., with Mentor Madness and Demo Day)
- Event planning (for virtual and in-person events) which includes coordination and support of the execution of demo day
- Support with calendar management for mentors, partners, founders, and general programming
- Follow best practices and execute upon outlined content and curriculum of the program
- Develop scalable processes for the accelerator team to optimize remote founder work and activities
- Represent Techstars in your local community
What you bring to the table:
- Initiative - Proactively create and/or follow through on new ideas and strategies;
- Attention to Detail - Accomplish a task with a thorough and precise focus on every component of the project, no matter how small or time-consuming;
- Technical Skills - Skilled at building efficient operational systems and always interested in finding innovative hacks to improve processes.
- Written Communication - Excellent written communication skills and ability to accurately convey the background and interests of funders, ideally associating their interests with Techstars’ organizational needs and priorities;
- Interpersonal Skills - A high level of professionalism and ability to connect with others to build positive relationships and be a true team player while maintaining our “Founder First” mentality;
- Multitasking - Move seamlessly between any number of prioritized tasks and functions while effectively managing time;
- Forward Thinking - Anticipate the implications and after-effects of situations and take appropriate action to be prepared for possible outcomes.
Location and Timing
- Tel-Aviv, Israel (part-time - 80%) from October 2023 through Mid-January 2024 (Contract Position)
- Fluent English, excellent interpersonal and communications skills (writing and presenting). (Must)
- Demonstrated interest in technology, startups, entrepreneurship, venture capital, etc.
- Experience in event planning and event logistics.
- Strong proficiency in online productivity and data management tools and applications.
- Comfortable with various responsibilities, proactive, able to jump in without being asked, and have a “no task is too small or too big” attitude.
- Ability to effectively multitask, prioritize, organize and collaborate, especially on multiple projects with competing priorities simultaneously.
- Ability to manage high-stress situations and improvise when problems arise, finding swift and practical solutions.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- A natural self-starter and problem solver.
- Fits the Techstars culture (people-oriented, adaptable, supportive, creative).
- Located in Israel (Must).
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university is a plus.
- Proficiency in Airtable, Notion, and other project management tools is a plus.
Techstars is the worldwide network that helps entrepreneurs succeed. Founded in 2006, Techstars began with three simple ideas - entrepreneurs create a better future for everyone, collaboration drives innovation, and great ideas can come from anywhere. Now we are on a mission to enable every person on the planet to contribute to and benefit from the success of entrepreneurs. In addition to operating accelerator programs and venture capital funds, we connect startups, investors, corporations, and cities to help build thriving startup communities. Techstars has invested in more than 2,300 companies with a combined market cap of more than $29B.
Techstars’ mission is to help entrepreneurs succeed wherever they are in the world and whatever their background is. Regional accelerator programs all around the world are the cornerstone of the strategy. The investment approach is fundamentally driven by the worldwide network of managing directors, who interact with startup founders daily, guiding, mentoring, and cultivating them along the journey. The scale of this reach results in a diversified strategy that provides investors with a uniquely qualified deal flow.
We help Techstars founders connect with other entrepreneurs, experts, mentors, alums, investors, community leaders, and corporations to grow their companies.
The worldwide network that helps entrepreneurs succeed.