About Us: Established in 2014, blisce/ is a growth stage venture capital firm focused on backing impactful high growth technology companies. Our team is based in New York and Paris. Drawing upon our team’s experience as entrepreneurs, investors, and operators we focus on helping founders build impactful global technology companies from Series A to IPO. We are proud to be investors in leading companies including Spotify, Headspace, Pinterest, Too Good To Go, Redesign Health and Talkiatry.
Our Portfolio: https://www.crunchbase.com/organization/blisce
Our Values: Pragmatically optimistic that entrepreneurship, innovation, and purposeful capital can improve our world, we empower people to take real action. We work to be genuinely aligned with all our stakeholders because we believe there is no acceptable financial performance without responsibility. We have worked to embed social impact and responsibility across our organization: we were the first growth stage venture capital fund to be certified as a B Corp, enable our team to volunteer 5% of their time, and have committed to donating 20% of our returns to charity.
Job Description: Beyond the capital we invest, blisce/’s cross-border portfolio services team enhances the growth and impact of our portfolio companies. Our support to companies focuses on helping founders to develop impactful high-growth global technology companies by providing strategic and operational support on market expansion, internationalization and impact.
We are currently recruiting an Impact Specialist who will work with portfolio companies to analyze and improve their mission and impact. Blisce is unique in its commitment to drive investment returns by putting mission into practice with its portfolio companies. As the Impact Specialist you will help founders to operationalize and enhance their company’s mission. This work begins during our due diligence process conducting analysis of the material social and environmental impact of prospective investments in conjunction with our investment team. Next the Impact Specialist will work with the portfolio companies post-investment to utilize that analysis to create and implement an impact strategy with each portfolio company. The objective of this impact strategy is to help better explicate, measure and accelerate the core mission of the company. As part of this work the Impact Specialist will also develop and utilize networks of top functional specialists to drive strategic insights, partnerships and talent to our portfolio companies. You will also work with senior leadership teams at our portfolio companies to understand and support their strategic objectives.
This is a unique opportunity to be at the forefront of helping venture backed technology companies to optimize their mission and impact. The position will enable you to build a network across both the United States and Europe, while also gaining exposure to some of the most innovative technology startups in the US and EU. In addition, this is a chance to join a mission-driven team at an inflection point in the growth of our organization. This is not an operating partner position.
We value team players, able and ready to work in a fast-paced environment where everyone is expected to make an impact. More specifically candidates should be ready to:
- Conduct due diligence of social impact and ESG factors on prospective investments, identifying value drivers and risk reduction from operational perspectives. Collaborate with investment teams and external consultants. Present findings and recommendations to the investment team, partners and the investment committee.
- Help portfolio companies embed social and environmental impact into business practices and models in order to drive sustained value creation.
- Collaborate closely with senior leadership of portfolio companies to support them in developing, implementing, and measuring their climate and impact strategy.
- Develop a robust network of experts to assist Blisce portfolio founders and management as advisors and thought partners.
- Collaborate with the marketing team to organize content and events with experts, generating insights and best practices aligned with portfolio companies' social and environmental needs.
- Synthesize best practices from your work with portfolio companies and experts to develop tools, frameworks, and insights that improve our service to portfolio companies.
- Create an annual climate and impact report in conjunction with our finance and operations team.
- Support data collection of ESG data for financial reporting with investment, and finance and operations teams.
- Collaborate across investment, internationalization, executive community, and operations teams to enhance growth and social/environmental impact of Blisce portfolio companies.
- Passionate about technology and startups, and how companies can drive competitive advantage by strengthening their mission and impact.
- Experience working with management of an organization to present and advise on strategic recommendations.
- Experience conducting due diligence to analyze the operation quality, social impact and/or the environmental impact of organizations.
- Exceptional interpersonal, collaboration, relationship-building, and organizational skills.
- Strong data analysis skills and ability to present data and technical findings.
- Proven project management experience with a mastery of Excel and PowerPoint.
- 3-5+ years of experience working in a consultancy, non-profit, government or business to conduct analysis and provide recommendations on business operations and social impact strategy.
- Team player, able and ready to work in a fast-paced environment where everyone is expected to make an impact. Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and comfortable with ambiguity.
- Knowledge of monitoring and evaluation methodologies, theory of change planning, and impact measurement a plus.
The job will be located in our office in Paris. We are open to international candidates willing to live in Paris. Should you need flexibility for relocation, it's possible to initially work remotely, then from Paris by December, 2023. Our office has a hybrid work policy and we are in the office three days per week.
Application process: If you are interested in this opportunity, please email the following materials to: email@example.com
- Your resume
- A cover letter detailing:
- Why do you want to work at blisce/? (Max 200 Words)
- What is an example of how a business created a durable competitive advantage by pursuing its mission and investing in its impact? (One example, Max 300 Words)
blisce/ is an equal opportunity organization and continuously strives to create a diverse and inclusive environment. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds.
We help entrepreneurs build mission-driven global consumer brands and technology companies.