Program Manager - gBETA Kenosha
gener8tor is a nationally-ranked venture capital firm and accelerator.
gBETA is a 7 week free accelerator program to help build and scale startups. See this link for more information: https://www.gener8tor.com/gbeta
gBETA Program Managers serve as the center of the entrepreneurial ecosystem in which they work - engaging with startup founders, mentors, investors and the community as a whole. They are responsible for:
- Recruiting local startups for two seven-week accelerator programs per year
- Managing the logistics and execution of the accelerator programs and helping the selected startups grow through applied mentorship, connections and support
- Engaging the community with startup resources year round
- Connecting gBETA alumni to a global network of support
We are looking for ambitious community advocates whose hunger to support entrepreneurs, connect with mentors and investors, and strengthen the startup ecosystem is never satiated. No need for applicants to come with existing startup experience; gBETA Program Managers have come from prior careers in journalism, academia, economic development, science, politics, law and nonprofits.
- Build and maintain relationships with stakeholders (startup founders, mentors, investors, corporate partners, etc.) and engage with them across the community.
- Act as the point of contact between founders, stakeholders and gener8tor.
- Recruit, vet, and select startup participants for gBETA cohorts.
- Manage logistics and execute two gBETA programs per year according to gener8tor’s established curriculum and best practices.
- Engage with the entrepreneurial ecosystem in the community and/or industry and, over time, establish themself as a trustworthy and reliable source of mentorship and connections.
- Assist alumni with ongoing mentor, sponsor and investor relations.
- Be a steadfast cheerleader and advocate for the startups and entrepreneurs we work with.
- Support the gener8tor team across multiple programs.
- Meet with the founders 1:1 on a weekly basis to provide concierge-like service.
- Total devotion to Kenosha and the startup ecosystem of Kenosha
- "Boots on the ground" ecosystem builder
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Commitment to equity across race, place and gender
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and juggle multiple ongoing projects and responsibilities
- A “no job is beneath me” mentality
- Willingness to intensively and rapidly learn a new industry, or dive deeper into the world of startups and venture capital
- Flexibility to work some nights and weekends
- At least one year of program or product management experience is a plus
- Relevant bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred
At gener8tor we…
- See genius in every community. Across race, place and gender, we believe the company has a chance to accomplish a generational challenge in bridging genius with opportunity.
- Never self-defeat and have a “play to win” mentality. We revolve everything we do around helping the entrepreneurs in our programs.
- Are curious. We work hard to find hidden gems others overlook.
- Believe no job is beneath us. We wipe down the tables and load up the U-Hauls with enthusiasm. Work as a team to get $#!^ done!
- Strive for “that guy emailed me.” We share a commitment to take a bottom-up approach to building strong, personal, 1-1 relationships. We believe that the best way to quality is through quantity.
To apply, please visit gener8tor.com/careers and tell us why you’d be an amazing addition to our team in this role!
We strongly encourage candidates who are Black, indigenous, people of color, women, LGBTQIA+, those with previous felony convictions and others who identify as being from an underrepresented group to apply. As an equal opportunity employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any of the above characteristics or others protected by law.
gener8tor is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, age, national origin, religion, physical or mental handicaps or disabilities, marital status, Veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity nor any other basis prohibited by law. Any information that you do provide will be recorded and maintained anonymously in a confidential file.
Striving to be the best partner for a community to create wealth and jobs by investing in its best and brightest, we build entire ecosystems of entrep...