Anthos Capital (“Anthos”) is an investment partner to exceptional entrepreneurs building leading growth-stage companies. We invest in and help support disruptive companies that positively impact their markets and communities, while generating strong shareholder returns. Anthos was founded in 2007, manages assets totaling more than $3 billion, and is headquartered in Los Angeles with outposts in Seattle, San Francisco, New York, Charlotte and Orange County.
This position is based out of our Dana Point, California office.
We are looking for a creative problem solver with the curiosity to explore new technologies and services, a solid foundation in accounting and a desire to become a trusted advisor to a team of highly driven investment professionals. The Director, Accounting will be an integral member of our lean operations team with opportunities to learn and advance within the firm.
You will join our operations team with primary responsibility of overseeing our fund administrator and outsourced accounting teams while gaining exposure to finance, tax, legal, regulatory, and portfolio monitoring and management and becoming a well-rounded finance professional versed in all aspects of a venture capital investment firm.
The Director, Accounting role is comprehensive and dynamic, and includes the following key responsibilities:
- Oversee the preparation and distribution of fund financial statements and related footnotes including managing the annual audit process
- Oversee the preparation and distribution of capital call and distribution notices for the funds and general partnerships
- Oversee the preparation of management company financials and related materials for internal planning purposes including participating in discussions with senior management
- Oversee the preparation of general partner financials
- Oversee the cash disbursements process including for investment activity, accounts payable and credit cards
- Ensure compliance with cash disbursement policies and procedures. Periodically refresh the policies and procedures as conditions warrant or as needed by related stakeholders
- Manage relationships with banks, brokers and other financial institutions
- Work collaboratively with the Vice President, FP&A and the Chief Financial Officer in advising the investment team on finance, tax, legal and regulatory matters for portfolio investments and exits including performing the underlying calculations and structuring as needed
- Work collaboratively with the Vice President, FP&A and the Chief Financial Officer in deriving portfolio insights and advising the investment team on portfolio construction and fund structuring
- As needed, collaborate with the Vice President, FP&A in preparing the annual management company budget and periodic refreshes including interacting with functional leads in developing their budgets
- Ensure that our internal systems including Cobalt, EWM Global and other internally developed tools are updated timely and accurately while experimenting with the tools to find best practices in integrating them with our processes and evaluating new ones
- Assist the Vice President, FP&A with structuring investments and exits including performing all related calculations
- Oversee the preparation and distribution of all tax filings including tax returns and K1s for the funds, general partners, special purpose vehicles and the management company including the preparation and distribution of tax estimates
- Oversee the completion of insurance renewals including compiling related documentation
- Oversee the completion of compliance related requests including for the completion of Form ADV, Form PF, the annual compliance review, and the fund line of credit
- Assist as needed with updating and reviewing investor materials
- 5-8 years of progressive accounting and finance experience
- Strong interest in venture capital and growth investing
- Desire to learn all aspects of a fund finance organization (finance, accounting, tax, legal / regulatory, portfolio monitoring / management, structuring)
- Entrepreneurial, creative, and hardworking; desire for a firm culture that prioritizes these skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, organization, attention to detail, analytical abilities, work ethic & motivation, and desire to work with all teams within Anthos
- Familiarity with G-Suite applications and Keynote presentations; comfort with financial models, using database tools and exploring and leveraging new technologies
What You'll Get From Us
- Compensation Range: $150,000 - $180,000 + up to a 25% bonus
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, including a complimentary One Medical membership
- Additional benefits include a $2000 annual professional development stipend, $400 one-time home office set-up stipend, $100 monthly wellness stipend and more
Anthos Capital is committed to cultivating a fair, inclusive and equal work environment, and we’re proud of being the rare VC that has 50/50 gender representation across all levels. We strive to be a place where each team member is empowered to come to work as their true self.
By submitting your application, you agree that Anthos Capital may collect your personal data for recruiting, organization planning and related purposes. Anthos Capital’s Candidate Privacy Notice explains what personal information Anthos Capital may process, where Anthos Capital may process your personal information, its purposes for processing your personal information and the rights you can exercise over Anthos Capital’s use of your personal information.
Anthos is a generalist venture capital firm with over $3B of assets under management.