We are looking for an outstanding Finance Manager to play a pivotal role in the financial and operational management of our venture capital funds. In this role you will be responsible for managing external fund administrators, overseeing fund accounting and treasury management, monitoring fund reporting and compliance obligations, and supporting investor reporting and strategic financial analysis efforts. You will work closely with our Chief Financial Officer and Head of Finance & Investor Relations as we further develop the scope and impact of our finance function.
The ideal candidate would either be working in a finance role in venture capital or private equity, or would have relevant experience engaging with those in these roles, and should possess a strong understanding of venture capital fund finance and operations, coupled with exceptional attention to detail and communication skills.
- Fund administration:
- Manage team of external fund administration service providers to ensure smooth running of fund operations
- Assist in fund operations, including fund formation, onboarding new investments and managing fund-related documents
- Manage fund management software providers to provide high-quality investor experience
- Fund accounting and treasury management:
- Oversee accurate records of fund transactions provided by fund administrators, including investments, capital calls, distributions and fees
- Reconcile fund accounts and ensure accuracy in financial statements
- Prepare and review quarterly and annual financial reports for fund investors
- Coordinate with external auditors and tax professionals for fund audits and tax filings
- Oversee fund payments and cash management
- Fund reporting and compliance:
- Monitor fund compliance with regulatory requirements, reporting obligations, investment guidelines and restrictions, in collaboration with legal team
- Oversee the preparation and filing of required regulatory reports and disclosures
- Collaborate with legal and compliance teams to ensure fund documents are up-to-date and in compliance with relevant regulations
- Investor relations:
- Serve as the primary point of contact for fund investors, addressing enquiries and providing regular updates
- Prepare and distribute capital call notices and distribution statements to investors
- Oversee the maintenance of investor records and ensure compliance with investor agreements
- Financial analysis:
- Support the team on financial analysis of portfolio companies and funds
- Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, or a relevant field, with excellent grades. An MBA or relevant professional certification (e.g., CPA, CFA) is a plus
- 3+ years of experience in the finance team of a venture capital or private equity fund, financial services company, or fund administrator
- Strong knowledge of fund accounting principles, financial reporting and compliance
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, Google suit and fund management software
- Exceptional attention to detail and organisational skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to interact effectively with external partners, investors and colleagues
- Ability to work independently and in a team-oriented, fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive information
What you can expect if you join:
- Comprehensive benefits package including competitive salary, bonus and carry, private pension, free travel card or bike, free drinks, snacks, staff entertainment, and ability to bring your dog to work
- Wonderful, supportive team situated in Mitte, in the heart of Berlin
- Great and modern working space, with a rooftop swimming pool
Who we are:
Cherry Ventures is an early-stage venture capital firm led by a team of entrepreneurs with experience building fast-scaling companies such as Zalando and Spotify. The firm backs Europe's brightest and most daring founders, as their first institutional investor, and supports them in everything from their go-to-market strategy to the scaling of their businesses. Cherry Ventures has previously invested in the seed stage of over 100 companies across Europe, including FlixBus, Auto1, Forto, Amboss, Flink, SellerX, Juni, Numa and Moss. Cherry Ventures is based in Berlin, London and Stockholm and invests across Europe.
Sound good? Apply now for this position.
Cherry Ventures is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
Founders first and investors second. We're a seed-stage venture fund that champions founders in Europe.