Office Manager (Part-time)
We are seeking an Office Manager for one of our portfolio companies. This will be a part-time position (1-2 days per week) and require being onsite. In addition to managing the office budget, scheduling meetings & appointments, and providing administrative support to employees, the ideal candidate should also have experience with various office software (email tools, spreadsheets, and databases) and accurately handle administrative duties.
- Assist with managing G&A budget and paying bills.
- Assist with payroll and expense reporting.
- Manage basic office activities including but not limited to:
- Schedule meetings and appointments.
- Provide general support to visitors.
- Organize office layout and keep supplies in stock.
- Keep the office running and ensure workable office conditions.
- Liaise with facility management vendors, including cleaning, utilities, security, etc.
- Coordinate with IT on all office equipment.
- Update and maintain office policies and procedures.
- Support with onboarding new employees.
- Plan in-house or off-site activities like parties, celebrations and conferences.
- You have proven experience as an Office Manager, Front Office Manager, or Administrative Assistant.
- You have knowledge of Office Administrator responsibilities, systems, and procedures.
- You are proficient in MS Office (MS Excel & Outlook, in particular).
- You have hands-on experience with office machines.
- You are an expert with scheduling tools.
- You have excellent time management skills and can multi-task and prioritize work.
- You have great attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- You possess strong organizational and planning skills in a fast-paced environment.
- You have a creative mind with the ability to suggest improvements.
- You have a high school degree.
- You are open to a hybrid work environment.
- You have a bachelor of arts or sciences degree.
This role is located in San Francisco, CA, and is not a remote role.
The hourly rate range is $25/hour to $40/hour. This range represents the low and high end of this position's anticipated base salary range.
About Playground Global:
Playground Global is a venture capital firm specializing in early-stage investments, with a focus on science and engineering companies driving emerging technologies. Our initial investments range from $1M to $20M, providing crucial support to visionary startups at the forefront of innovation, including artificial intelligence, automation, next-generation computing, quantum technologies, aerospace, biotechnology, life sciences, healthcare, advanced manufacturing, and robotics.
At Playground, we’re committed to racial equity, social justice, and equal opportunity. Women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ+ community, and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Playground Global is a venture firm that partners with entrepreneurs working at the intersection of atoms, bits, and AI to build the companies of tomo...