Elkstone is the leading Irish Investment House focused on Entrepreneurs, Senior Executives, Institutional LPs, the Venture Community and Irish Diaspora. Our mission is to increase the economic value and overall wellbeing of the Island of Ireland by growing our network, enabling deserving investments and delivering superior investment performance. We put clients and founders at the heart of what we do.
We focus on Real Estate, Venture, Lending and Hedge Funds. We have opened our doors to external investors through both our Club which provides access to our internal deal flow and our Private Investment Office which provides both access to co-investing in our principal's investment portfolios and wealth management to many of Ireland's entrepreneurs and High Net Worth Individuals.
Our focus is to proactively assist our clients in selecting investment opportunities that are directly tailored to their individual needs.
Elkstone is Ireland’s leading early-stage venture investor. We invest in founders with global ambition. We back exceptional entrepreneurs with the vision, passion and grit, to build category defining global companies. Our investment approach is sector-agnostic, seeking to invest in technology enabled, capital light, internationally scalable businesses. Our portfolio of 60 Irish and international companies includes unicorns Flipdish, LetsGetChecked and Thirty Madison, and high-growth businesses such as Manna Drone Delivery, ProtexAI, HealthBeacon, AudioMob & Soapbox Labs.
In 2022 we announced our new €100m early-stage venture fund and are now looking to hire more talented people to join our Venture team. We are looking for a motivated and ambitious Venture Associate to support our Venture team.
We are seeking a dynamic and motivated Venture Associate to join our Venture team. As a Venture Associate, you will play a pivotal role in identifying, evaluating, and supporting potential investment opportunities across various sectors. Your drive, network, and interest in building relationships with help us to find and support the next wave of startup founders and shape the Irish startup ecosystem.
- Deal Sourcing: Find startup founders for Elkstone to invest in through networking events, industry research, referrals etc.
- Due Diligence: Perform market research, competitive analysis, financial modelling, and other due diligence activities to assess the potential of startups.
- Evaluation: Evaluate startups' business models, value propositions, market positioning, growth strategies, and scalability to figure out if they are aligned with our investment criteria and overall strategy
- Investment Memos: Prepare investment memos that highlight key findings, risks, opportunities, and recommendations for consideration by the investment committee.
- Presentations: Present investment opportunities and findings to Elkstone’s partners and investment committee, communicating the investment thesis and potential impact.
- Portfolio Management: Support our portfolio founders’ post-investment, helping them set and assess strategy, drive growth, and make use of Elkstone’s resources and network.
- Networking: Build and maintain strong relationships within the startup ecosystem, industry experts, co-investors, and others to stay informed about market trends and emerging opportunities.
- Market Intelligence: Stay up to date with industry trends, technological advancements, and macroeconomic factors that could impact investment decisions.
- Reporting: Generate regular reports and updates on portfolio performance, investment pipeline, and industry trends to contribute to strategic decision-making.
- Contribution to Team: Collaborate with other members of the investment team, sharing insights, participating in brainstorming sessions, and contributing to the continuous improvement of investment processes.
- Bachelor's degree with strong academic performance.
- Entrepreneurial mindset with a passion for technology, innovation, and startups.
- Proven ability to work independently and collaboratively within a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills to effectively convey complex ideas to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Direct experience with startup founders or entrepreneurial experience is highly valued.
- Knowledge of different industries, market dynamics, and emerging trends.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to perform due diligence and financial analysis – i.e excel, market research, and data analysis tools.
- High level of integrity, ethics, and professionalism.
- Opportunity to work closely with experienced investors and industry leaders.
- Exposure to a diverse range of startups and industries.
- Professional development and growth opportunities within the firm.
- Access to a strong network of entrepreneurs, mentors, and industry experts.
- Involvement in shaping the future of the Irish startup ecosystem.
If you have a keen interest about the startup ecosystem and venture investing, an eye for investment opportunities, and the ability to thrive in a collaborative environment, we encourage you to apply and join our team of people dedicated to shaping the next generation of successful technology startups!
Elkstone is an equal opportunity employer.
Elkstone is the leading Irish Investment House focused on Entrepreneurs, Senior Executives, Institutional LPs, the Venture Community and Irish Diaspor...