Managing Director - Curql Accelerate Powered by gener8tor
Are you ready to find and invest in the best and brightest entrepreneurs? Do you get excited about helping grow startups in the credit union, banking and fintech space? Are you committed to building a high-impact network of mentors and investors to support innovative new fintech companies? If so, this position is for you!
gener8tor is a nationally recognized startup accelerator as well as entrepreneurial support organization and is seeking a Managing Director (MD) to lead our programming for the Curql Accelerate Powered by gener8tor Accelerator. The MD will recruit and select companies for $100K investment, and execute programming, startup coaching and network building and introductions for two accelerator programs per year of five companies each. Each program is a 12-week hybrid program that includes three weeks on-site at credit unions across the country.
As a member of the gener8tor team you will be an essential part of our overall international platform. The full gener8tor platform connects startup founders, musicians, artists, investors, universities and corporations and includes pre-accelerators, accelerators, corporate programming, conferences and fellowships.
Success for an MD looks like assisting with successful recruitment, selection and investments into the best and brightest founders while building relationships with credit unions, mentors, investors and other ecosystem partners to strengthen the support system for your portfolio. You will develop relationships with a personally curated group of individuals to engage with the founders and you’ll bend over backwards to ensure the startups are set up for success. You will have ownership over the program and will report to the market’s Senior Managing Director while collaborating across the organization with gener8tor’s centralized support teams.
- Recruit startup applicants and, in collaboration with Curql, lead the due diligence and selection process for two gener8tor Investment Accelerator cohorts annually.
- Find and develop relationships with mentors, investors, credit unions and other industry/ecosystem partners who can help support the programs and participating companies.
- Plan logistics, engage with the network, execute the accelerator programs and other related activities.
- Act as the lead mentor for, and continuously field updates from and support cohort participants, including post-program.
- Build relationships with ecosystem partners and engage in the broader startup communities relevant to Curql Accelerate. Think of yourself as the unofficial “Startup Mayor” of the fintech and banking startup/innovation network you’ve developed.
- Coordinate and collaborate with gener8tor staff, Curql and external program partners.
- Provide reporting for and manage elements of account management with external program partners.
- Collaborate with other members of the gener8tor team to support our national programs.
- Assist alumni with ongoing mentor, sponsor and investor relations following the program.
- Be the #1 cheerleader for the startup ecosystems and the startups and entrepreneurs we work with.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and a self-starter. Experience as a founder, employee in a venture-backed company or in venture capital recommended.
- Familiarity and experience with community banking and/or credit unions.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills. Executive presence; ability to command a room of corporate leaders.
- Collaborative, team-based mindset. You will be working closely with other Managing Directors, founders, external program partners, and ecosystem stakeholders.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, highly independent environment and juggle multiple ongoing projects, responsibilities and external relationships.
- Flexibility to travel up to 25%, work some nights and weekends.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- A willingness to intensively and rapidly dive deeper into the startup, strategic investment, and credit union communities even if already familiar.
- The ability to see genius in every community. A commitment to equity across race, place and gender.
At gener8tor we…
- See genius in every community. Across race, place and gender, we believe the company has a chance to accomplish a generational challenge in bridging genius with opportunity.
- Never self-defeat and have a “play to win” mentality. We revolve everything we do around helping the entrepreneurs in our programs.
- Are curious. We work hard to find hidden gems others overlook.
- Believe no job is beneath us. We wipe down the tables and load up the U-Hauls with enthusiasm. Work as a team to get $#!^ done!
- Strive for “that guy emailed me.” We share a commitment to take a bottom-up approach to building strong, personal, 1-1 relationships. We believe that the best way to quality is through quantity.
To apply, please fill out the form below.
We strongly encourage candidates who are Black, indigenous, people of color, women, LGBTQIA+, those with previous felony convictions and others who identify as being from an underrepresented group to apply. As an equal opportunity employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any of the above characteristics or others protected by law.
gener8tor is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, age, national origin, religion, physical or mental handicaps or disabilities, marital status, Veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity nor any other basis prohibited by law. Any information that you do provide will be recorded and maintained anonymously in a confidential file.
Striving to be the best partner for a community to create wealth and jobs by investing in its best and brightest, we build entire ecosystems of entrep...