Undercurrent Capital is an early stage venture studio that partners leaders and visionaries in business and society to tackle their most important challenges. We invest in people, ideas and businesses to achieve transformative results that bridge what is, with what can be.
We combine patient capital with authentic caring relationships, company building capability and community. We have world class investors and operators with decades of collective company building experience, who care deeply about helping founders succeed.
Headquartered in Singapore, we are looking at expanding our geographical footprint and am open to candidates from all parts of the world who will embark on a hybrid arrangement.
About The Role
We are building out our marketing department and are looking for our superstar Marketing Director. The role will work with portfolio companies (that primarily consist of fintech and Web 3 startups) to conceptualise, plan and execute their marketing efforts. This will involve hiring and running a team to support the portfolio companies in an agency-style setup.
⭐ What the role involves:
- Deploy the full resources of the company to build their position as a regional thought leader in technology-enabled disruption, for both entrepreneurs and investors globally
- Break-through brand marketing to raise the company profile across appropriate press & social media channels (Twitter, LinkedIn, Reddit, Discord, Instagram, Facebook, overall web presence)
- Well timed content creation and distribution strategy (e.g. blog, white papers, podcasts, newsletters) that focuses on original content and thought leadership
- Establishing and strengthening existing marketing partnerships and relationships with key players in the ecosystem (events, conferences, media)
- Working with investor relations team to ensure reach with LPs for future fundraising efforts
- Work with portfolio founders to support them on their marketing and PR efforts
- Tying strategic goals to measurable metrics for workstreams and budgets
- Nurture and mentor a small team of marketing and communication specialists
💡 What we are looking for in an ideal candidate:
- Experienced leader and organizer
- A natural storyteller with an interest and passion for technology, startups and founders
- At least 5 years of marketing, branding and communications experience (within technology, marketing, venture capital, or startup environments)
- Enterprise and product marketing experience is a plus
- Familiarity with Southeast Asia and ecosystem of players including government, accelerators, incubators, entrepreneurs, media is a plus
- Demonstrated experience in raising brand awareness and leading campaigns regionally
- Confident and articulate communicator with strong interpersonal skills and ability to build strategic relationships
- Track record leading and nurturing teams
💸 What we offer our employees:
- Hybrid or remote working environment
- Competitive salary
- Private Health Insurance
- Ongoing learning & development
- A friendly, welcoming, and supportive culture
- Monthly Social and Team events
✉️ If you’d like to apply, please do so by submitting your CV here.
We partner leaders and visionaries to tackle their most important challenges and bridge what is with what can be.