CIECH is an international chemical group exporting its manufactured goods to more than 100 countries worldwide. CIECH products are present in our everyday life: we make soda ash, sodium bicarbonate, salt, plant protection products, foams, silicates and glass packaging.
CIECH Ventures (launched in 2022 as an open innovation platform of the Group) is looking for innovative technology-driven startups, primarily related to cleantech & circular industry, chemical technologies, agriculture.
We are looking for:
Senior Analyst/Investment Associate (venture capital)
- Deal sourcing: conducting in-depth market research to identify high-potential startups aligned with our investment thesis with a strong focus on European technology-driven startups in the following areas: cleantech & circular industry, chemical technologies, agriculture.
- Analyzing startup business models, technologies, and market trends to evaluate investment or collaborations opportunities.
- Creating professional reports/recommendations about potential collaborations and investment targets.
- Participating in due diligence processes, including financial analysis, competitive landscape assessment, etc.
- Day-to-day cooperation with Corporate Research team (responsible for tech assessment of startups) and Legal team (VC lawyer, IP lawyer).
- Building sector-specific landscapes.
- Supporting the deal sourcing & deal flow processes (e.g. updating internal database/CRM, coordinating weekly team meetings etc.)
- Cooperating with CIECH's business units to identify strategic areas of synergy and potential value creation.
- Actively nurturing relationships with portfolio companies to provide strategic guidance and support.
- Network building (e.g., with cleantech VC funds from Europe).
- Over time the candidate will be taking more and more senior roles in the investment process.
- University degree in a relevant field (preferably financial/economic or STEM area).
- At least 3 years of professional experience, preferably in VC/start-up/innovation/M&A/private equity/investment banking/corporate development areas.
- At least basic understanding of key VC mechanisms/clauses used in term sheets and investment/shareholders’ agreements.
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to synthesize complex information and make data-driven decisions.
- Problem-solving skills, attention to details, cognitive curiosity.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, enabling effective collaboration with cross-functional teams, portfolio companies, and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain a valuable network within the venture capital and startup communities.
- Fluent in English and Polish, oral and written.
- Good knowledge of MS Office (PowerPoint, Excel).
- Passion for innovation, sustainability, and driving positive impact.
- Employment based on an employment contract.
- Wide package of benefits: private medical care, life insurance, sports card and others.
- Personal growth opportunity, involvement in unique projects, contribution to developing the most innovative area of the CIECH Group activities.
- Joining a diverse team including people with experience in Academia, industry and leading global consulting firms.
- An interesting and engaging work in a listed company with international presence, one of the top industrial players in Poland.
We support young innovative companies looking for capital and development opportunities. We're a part of the CIECH Group.