Plug and Play is a global innovation platform and venture capital firm. Our mission is to make innovation open to anyone, anywhere. Each year, hundreds of entrepreneurs join our vertical-specific accelerator programs to team up with our corporate members or receive a direct investment from Plug and Play. Plug and Play has over 45 locations across the world and our corporate members include: The Alliance to End Plastic Waste, USAA, Visa, Nationwide, Aflac, Daimler, Ford, Nissan, BP, Johnson & Johnson, Roche, Pfizer, Walmart, Coca Cola, Adidas, and over 500 more. Plug and Play’s corporate members utilize Plug and Play to identify the best startups to meet their challenges. Plug and Play’s proven investment track record includes Honey, Guardant Health, ApplyBoard, BigID, Kustomer, Rappi, Flutterwave, Hippo, PayPal, Lending Club, Dropbox, and many more.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
We’re a diverse team with backgrounds in technology and entrepreneurship and we’re growing rapidly to deliver on our mission. We’re actively seeking a Ventures Associate to assist in evaluating startups both for venture capital investment and qualification for our newest corporate innovation platform based in Cedar Park, Texas. The Ventures associate works closely with startup founders, corporate sponsors of the program, as well as colleagues on executing on the advanced manufacturing focus of the new office. Activities include deal review sessions, startup investments, corporate partnership management, mentor sessions, EXPOs, Selection Days, office hours, etc. This role provides a unique opportunity to collaborate with entrepreneurs and top executives at major corporations, while also managing the execution of a program designed to provide business development and investment opportunities to earlier-stage companies.
HOW YOU WILL MAKE A DIFFERENCE:
- Outreach and screen new, relevant, and exciting startups for investment purposes
- Conduct biannual sourcing for business development (accelerator) programs aligning to advanced manufacturing focused technology interests
- Evangelizing Plug and Play to all potential network partners including startups, investors, corporate members within all verticals.
- Identify business development, licensing and strategic investment opportunities for corporate members within the Plug and Play ecosystem.
- Generate investment memorandums and present to PnP's investment committee by performing due diligence on the team, market, product/technology, business model, risk factors, etc.
- Collaborate with and host corporate executives in deal flow sessions and develop a comprehensive understanding of our partners' innovation challenges and tech interests
- Provide event production and logistical support for demo days, mentor sessions and other events as part of the accelerator.
- Collaborate with corporate executives in deal flow sessions several times per week
- Analyze startup team strengths, market size, technology, and business model
Relationship Management and Research
- Mentor startups in the program on taking product to market, raising money, scaling, and all other ad-hoc business needs.
- Work with corporations to identify areas for mentoring
- Conduct research to identify new markets and industry sectors, conducting in-depth business analysis to identifying new competitive opportunities.
- Diligently participate and perform various ad-hoc projects and tasks as required.
- Communication - Must possess communication skills (verbal and written). Must be proficient with public speaking. Must possess exceptional interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to communicate with C-Suite executives
- Critical Thinking and Problem Solving - Must be able to use logical reasoning to reach solutions
- Proficiency in GSuite, MS Office, CRM platforms, project management tools, etc.
- Proven ability to build trusted relationships with colleagues, prospects and industry contacts and contribute towards high-impact results.
- Career-driven individual with passion for technology, entrepreneurship, investments, and high-tech startups
- Project Management - ability to manage several projects with VCs, corporate partners, and startups
- Self-Starter - ability to start projects or plan events with minimal to no supervision
Education and Experience
- BS/BA Engineering or supply chain management focused degree a plus
- Knowledge and/or expertise in industrial manufacturing techniques, semiconductor manufacturing, and supply chain innovation
- Background in Finance is highly recommended
The ultimate innovation platform: we connect the world's best startups to industry-leading corporations. ✨