Jelix is an Australian venture capital fund manager. We back daring founders to create a better world.
Jelix invests in diverse, early stage startups from B2B SaaS to deep tech, and we recognise founders as the beating heart of their businesses. We have $50+ million under management and a portfolio of 34 companies.
Our small and awesome team punches way above its weight. Jelix is a values-driven company; we strive hard for excellence, aim to have a positive impact, value diversity, act with integrity and treat others with kindness and respect.
Now is a tremendously exciting time to join us. We are looking for an outstanding investor to join us on our incredible ride! You will be eager to roll your sleeves up to help with whatever needs to be done to grow our business and you will find the breadth of the learning process stimulating.
About the role
The best investors have a voracious appetite to learn and are passionate about working with founders who will help build a better future. We will provide mentorship for you on your journey as an investor and below are examples of what you will do.
Generating deal flow
- Be a great ambassador for Jelix in the startup community and be a familiar face to founders in the startup community;
- Nurture relationships with ecosystem stakeholders to build and maintain deep networks in the Australian startup ecosystem;
- Contribute to Jelix external comms (social media, newsletters, website, blogs etc.)
Assisting with new investments
- Help manage the deal pipeline and investment process, including transactions and investment meetings;
- Work on all aspects of the investment process including screening, due diligence, and negotiating terms;
- Prepare investment recommendation papers for the investment committee and potential co-investors.
Supporting portfolio companies
- Provide advice and connections to support founders
- Assist with portfolio monitoring and follow-on funding opportunities
Assisting with investor relations and communications
Who we are looking for
You are excited to help build an iconic venture investment business. You are keen to learn how to become a world-class venture investor, you thrive on learning opportunities, and you value having a voice that will be listened to.
Jelix itself is a startup and no task is too small or ambition too big. Clarity of thought is your strength; you are able to communicate complex subject matters and your views clearly, concisely and persuasively both verbally and in writing.
Ideally you have:
- some experience working in venture capital;
- contributed to making and executing on investment recommendations;
- worked at or with startups.
We are looking for someone who:
- builds rapport quickly and is good at building long lasting relationships including with founders;
- thrives in a collaborative space where everyone is learning from each other, and learning fast;
- resonates deeply with our core values of integrity, treating others with respect and professional excellence.
Please apply by filling in this form. We look forward to hearing from you!
Working at Jelix
Jelix team members are given autonomy and responsibilities commensurate with performance.
We are committed to equal employment opportunities at Jelix. We believe that diversity is vital for high performance. It is to our advantage and that of our portfolio companies and our investors, to hire and develop the very best people we can find. So we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
Back daring founders working to make the world better and benefit from our next win.