Chief of Staff
We are seeking a well-rounded, strategically minded, “get it done” individual to join the firm as Chief of Staff to the CEO. This person will play a critical role in the success and growth of the firm by managing cross-functional coordination and leading special projects that drive scale and stakeholder engagement. Specifically, the successful candidate will be comfortable in a role where every day will be different with multiple projects being in multiple phases of priority; they will need to be efficient, communicative, organized and highly motivated.
The candidate should be comfortable, if not fluent, across multiple functions of a business (i.e., marketing, operations, project management), and will be adept at synthesizing a high volume of tasks & projects to see the bigger picture, communicating clearly and concisely, and operating in a fast-paced, highly dynamic environment.
This position requires you to work from the Company’s headquarters in Singapore.
- Enable the company’s growth across a range of ‘scaling initiatives,’ including leveling up of existing (and development of new) systems and processes
- Design and execution of a robust evaluation/RFP process to identify the best enabling solutions/resources; and implementation of staff/user training
- Suggest and manage strategic initiatives with a data-driven rigor, defining success metrics and undertaking regular reviews of systems and processes for continuous improvement. Examples of such initiatives include developing and overseeing a Fellows Program, a STEM affiliate network, innovation ecosystem partnerships, and more
- Support the CEO’s stakeholder and network development activities, including identification of opportunities for network growth, management and deepening of key relationships, and advancing the firm’s BRM strategy
- Serve as a spokesperson for the CEO and as a communications hub within and, as appropriate, outside of the organization
- Draft and edit content, including verbal and written presentations and communications for delivery by the CEO
- Performing and/or overseeing ad hoc research projects
- Organize and manage meetings chaired by the CEO, including setting and previewing agendas with well-defined objectives, and serving as a centralized source of information on progress against action items, deliverables, and deadlines
- Manage preparation of regular and ad hoc reports to ensure that reports are cogent, complete, current, accurate, and on time
- A degree in business, management, psychology, communications, or other highly transferable field
- At least 7 years of work experience in at least 2 of the following settings:
- VC/PE, investment banking, wealth management, or family office
- Management consulting, ideally with significant industrials/B-to-B client exposure/experience
- Fast-paced, mission-driven environments, ideally as a founder or one of the first employees of a high-velocity venture or member of a delta force/skunk works within a larger organization
- And, experience across 2 or more of the following areas, ideally growing these functions from the ground up:
- Project management
- Executive administration
- Branding, marketing, and/or communications
- Other business-critical functional areas
- Strong verbal and written English communication skills
- Ability to navigate ambiguity and solve complex problems
We invest in disruptive, world-changing ventures forged by ambitious founders and powered by compelling scientific breakthroughs.