Principal Investment Leverage
You’ll work as a key team player and member of our Ventures team to support IAG Firemark Ventures in building its internal & external profile and brand. You will actively be involved in the identification & research into emerging technologies and their competitive landscape. You will also support the due diligence and Investment process to finalise the financial & strategic investment with the IAGFV Investment Committee, and the onboarding of the startup into the IAGFV portfolio. · This role will require you to work with the Manager, Portfolio Management – to develop and manage a Program of Work between IAG and a selected startup, by embedding into the business, through experimentation, agreed opportunities between our startup investments and internal IAG functions. This will help the startup successfully operate and grow, ultimately ensuring IAG’s investment is nurtured and performing.
- Experienced leader with entrepreneurial mindset – applying creative thinking to problems
- Continuously enhancing and adding to current skills & knowledge
- Strong communication skills, including ability to communicate clearly strategic rational and influence across all levels
- Ability to influence people’s decisions, to attract mentors and to discern what can change and what can’t
- 4-5 + years financial services industry experience across strategy, delivery and finance roles
- Minimum 2-3 years innovation, startup and VC industry experience – across investment; execution; strategy development and business growth.
- Strong program management & project delivery skills, including ability to take agreed strategies and develop into delivery plans, manage multiple streams of work, engage & build relationships with multiple internal & external stakeholders
- Independent and self-directed but able to work with, collaborate and influence stakeholders at all levels
- Knowledge across investment frameworks and ratios, and financial due diligence
Applications close Wednesday 23 August, 23:59 AEST
IAG is not only the largest general insurance group in Australia and New Zealand, underwriting over $AUD13 billion of premium per annum, we’re also a tech and research facility, a hub for climate change experts and a centre of resilience design. We chat over coffee with customers, advocate for them in the corridors of Parliament and back them up in the community when life’s moments hit hardest.
You’ll know our brands – CGU, WFI, NRMA Insurance, AMI, NZI, and State Insurance to name a few. Together they turn our IAG purpose of making your world safer into action by helping, supporting ambitions, and making insurance accessible.
At IAG you’re not just part of one brand, you’re part of a large purpose-led Trans-Tasman group dedicated to making your world a safer place.
We’re ready to grow your career, acknowledge every part of you, recognise your brilliance, lead you with purpose and help you live your own purpose through us.
At IAG you can enjoy:
- Flexibility and support so you can live life to the full
- Community volunteer days and team volunteer activities
- Receive meaningful recognition through an award-winning system.
- Be part of a net zero business by 2050.
We’re committed to the reconciliation movement in Australia for First Nations people and focus on providing a safe and supportive work environment for all our employees. You can find our Reconciliation Action Plan on our company website.
We’re ready for you. Apply today.
We shape IAG's future by challenging the status quo, bringing breakthrough ideas to life, and deep diving into areas of impact.