Investment Manager- SEA
Company: Circulate Capital is an investment management firm dedicated to incubating and financing companies that prevent ocean plastic and advance the circular economy. The Circulate Capital Ocean Fund is the firm’s flagship fund, which focuses on the prevention of mismanaged plastic waste in countries located in South Asia and Southeast Asia, regions that contribute disproportionately to ocean plastic pollution. Founding investors include PepsiCo, Procter & Gamble, Dow, Danone, CHANEL, Unilever, The Coca-Cola Company, Mondelez and Chevron Phillips Chemical Company LLC. To learn more, visit the website at https://www.circulatecapital.com/ and watch Circulate Capital Announces $100M of Committed Capital video.
Title: Investment Manager
Report To: Investment Partner, SEA
Location: SEA, Remote
Opportunity: Circulate Capital is looking to hire an accomplished private equity/venture capital Investment Manager to manage the further deployment and development of the Ocean Funds. The Investment Manager will be responsible for guiding high-quality deal flow, performing due diligence, executing investment transactions, and managing portfolio companies to support their effective growth and eventual exit. The role will primarily work with companies in SEA but will also extend to other countries in SEA as needed. As the Investment Manager, you will report to the Investment Partner Asia. This is a full-time position based in SEA with travel required for the effective execution of responsibilities.
- Conduct market research on industry trends, sectors, and companies and develop a point of view for funds
- Take investor pitch meetings with entrepreneurs, evaluate investments, and track deal flow
- Manage due diligence on potential investments – market sizing, technology walkthroughs, competitive landscapes, financial modeling, reference calls, negotiations, and closing
- Deal structuring: legal/financial terms and investment structure
- Work with portfolio company management teams regularly to guide the growth of their business in achieving both financial and impact targets, serving as Board member/Observer for some companies Where required, be seconded to portfolio companies to serve as interim CFO/other management positions.
- Plan and execute divestment strategies.
- Coordinate with the impact team and compliance team to ensure targets are set, achieved, and reported
- Contribute to LP engagement and PR/Comms strategy as needed
- Represent Circulate Capital at industry events and build relationships within the startup and investor ecosystems
- Suggest improvements to our approach, process, products, and services
- 6 to 8 years of growth capital private equity investment/corporate finance experience
- Proven interest in solving complex environmental issues
- Proven ability to support and guide management teams in building their businesses, implementing systems, processes, and corporate governance at an international level
- Expertise in deal structuring, due diligence, and closing processes portfolio management, and divestments.
- Ability to analyse financial statements and construct financial and valuation models
- Have professional networking skills, motivated to build new relationships
- A significant network of peers and related ecosystem stakeholders in the region
- Adept at coaching and engaging with remote, multicultural teams using collaboration tools, such as Google Suite, Microsoft, and CRMs
We are actively creating a workplace where authentic communication, collaboration, and inclusion enable people to become their best selves both personally and professionally while having a career with purpose and impact. Circulate Capital is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Circulate Capital is an emerging market investment management firm that finances innovations, companies, and infrastructure that scale solutions to th...