Financial Reporting Analyst
Atento is more than just our name. It is who we are. Atento is the Spanish word for Helpful, and that is what we strive to be every day, living by the philosophy of “doing well by doing good.” We are a small team of Atentans incredibly passionate about what we do in our local community, Tulsa—a community we believe is a hidden gem and destination for entrepreneurs, the tech community, and top talent.
At the core, as individuals and as an organization, we:
- Believe that talent is equally distributed but opportunity is not
- Are driven to democratize access to venture capital
- Prioritize our time and talents in investing in the underinvested
- Execute all of the above while being uncompromising in striving for above market, risk adjusted returns.
In this role you are:
Atento Capital is looking for a Financial Reporting Analyst to join our team in Tulsa, Oklahoma! As the lead support of Atento Capital’s accounting and finance department, you are a people-first, internally motivated individual that wants to drive thoughtful analysis and informative reports to all our dependent organizations. The Atento mission of “doing well by doing good” must be at your core.
You are an organized, detail-oriented, driven Atentan, ready to thrive in a fast-paced environment. As the financial analyst, you will own and execute the accounting and reporting processes for the management company and funds. You look forward to advancing the mission of Atento Capital within the Tulsa ecosystem and supporting inclusive job creation.
As the Financial Reporting Analyst:
- You will prepare quarterly and monthly financial reports for leadership presentation
- You support tasks within the fund deal execution process
- You support annual fund audits
- You support the implementation of month-end close processes and AP efficiency projects
- You prepare the monthly financials (budget to actuals and forecasting) of the management company including but not limited to ensuring the balance sheet, income statement and changes in financial position/budget variance analyses are completed and accurate
- You own the month-end close process and work cross functionally with department leads to ensure internal and external timelines are met
- You are our in-house accounting expert, design and propose the management company budget in partnership with the Director of Finance
- You use your knowledge of our budget, policies, and goals, process the travel budget requests and expense reports
- You design and lead learning and development sessions and trainings for team members
- You have the patience as well as desire to develop others, be it in the organization or the portfolio, to improve their finance, reporting, and general accounting acumen
- You support with additional projects as assigned by the Director of Finance
As Our Ideal Atentan you:
- Have a minimum of 2-3 years of public accounting experience
- Have a minimum of 5 years of total accounting experience
- Ideally have background knowledge in the financial operations of funds, deals, and management companies
- Understand variations in compliance regulations according to account or transaction type
- Have a strong understanding of internal controls and financial reporting
- Are fluent in Excel formulas and functions
- Can juggle multiple projects at once and know how to prioritize accordingly
- Have Quickbooks online system experience or a willingness to learn and become an expert in
- Have a strong ability to think critically and drive projects to completion in a timely manner
- Preferably are a CPA
- Can work independently, catch your own mistakes, and determine solutions moving forward
- Are comfortable operating where ambiguity and structure intersect
- Can work some nights and weekends
- Have a can do, flexible attitude, where no task is too small or too large
- Enjoy collaborating with others, at times cross-functionally
- Must attend evening events at a minimum of 2 per month
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation, based on fitting experience annual salary of $75,000 - $85,000 base +10% bonus
- Medical, dental, vision, and FSA benefits
- Atento offers a 401(k) plan and student loan repayment for qualifying terms
- Unlimited PTO, paid sick time, and paid leave
Atento COVID-19 Policy:
Atento requires all employees entering all Atento offices, traveling on behalf of Atento or participating in any in-person interaction on behalf of Atento to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. This vaccine requirement is subject to the Americans with Disabilities Act and Title VII of the Civil Rights Act exceptions.
Who We Are:
As a venture capital organization, our Investments and Operations teams work closely together to drive growth and returns within the city of Tulsa. Specifically, our investment focus lies on venture funds, non-local and local direct startups, and assorted entrepreneurship and tech startup related programming—all with a strong lens towards diversity. We seek to maximize our impact on others while simultaneously creating tremendous value for our investment partners, founders, and community. Using our community connections, deep commitment to entrepreneurship, and vision to scale technology in Tulsa, we invest in hard working entrepreneurs and personally help them build their companies here.
If you are excited about working in a fast-paced, startup-esque environment where you will be challenged to continuously learn while driving revolutionary entrepreneurial development in a burgeoning tech hub, we want to meet you.
We're a Tulsa-based investment firm focused on returns, quality job creation, and being helpful.