Would you like to play a role in a company that has feeding the future as its mission? Do you have life science expertise and a keen eye for technology that could shape the feed or food value chain? Then Nutreco has a very interesting role for you!
What are you going to do?
Nutreco invests in innovative companies and technologies through NuFrontiers (Nutreco’s corporate venturing department) and/or sets up partnerships between these companies and Nutreco’s business lines Skretting and Trouw Nutrition. Nutreco invests either to accelerate product or service innovation in its existing business or to generate new business and revenue streams.
The Investment Associate is responsible for scouting and assessing innovative companies and technologies relevant to Nutreco, generating and managing leadflow, and participating in investment execution. Within the scope of NuFrontiers, the Investment Associate will work on all technologies in the scope of animal nutrition, animal health and digital/precision farming for both livestock farming and aquaculture, as well as alternative food protein. So, the Investment Associate:
What are your key accountabilities as Investment Associate?
- be at the forefront of Nutreco’s innovation by working within the NuFrontiers team (alongside Director of Venturing, Investment Manager(s), Investment Associate(s)) and with many subject matter experts in the global Nutreco organisation;
- develop a deep understanding of Nutreco’s strategic priorities, business units and innovation needs, including current and future products, services and R&D pipeline;
- generate and manage leadflow of potential companies of interest by identifying and approaching such companies, e.g. through internal and external networking and desk research;
- assess companies of interest for potential investment and /or partnership. The assessment will encompass several dimensions such as:
- alignment with Nutreco, Trouw Nutrition and Skretting strategy;
- readiness of the technology, estimated time to market, complexity in scaling up and regulatory hurdles;
- benchmark company/technology versus other companies or technologies that can solve the same problem;
- business model, financial forecast and funding requirements.
- support and facilitate technology business development projects by Trouw Nutrition or Skretting towards partnerships;
- participate in investment execution processes, including due diligence, business case analysis, transaction documentation, and developing internal teasers and investment proposals for approval.
- drive NuFrontiers' expertise development on relevant technologies and ensure learnings are shared with Trouw Nutrition and Skretting;
- may also be involved in (non-start up) Nutreco and NuFrontiers projects and joint ventures.
What we offer:
Our mission is Feeding the Future. In a world with limited natural resources, our ambition is to meet the rising food needs of a growing world population in a sustainable manner. Working for Nutreco means a fantastic position in an international working environment with plenty of development opportunities.
What else is in it for you?
- We will offer you a fulltime, 40 hours per week;
- Attractive salary based on skills and experience -paid in 12 monthly payments- plus holiday allowance in May;
- The possibility to earn bonuses when you reach your target.
- Competitive remuneration package with a good pension scheme;
- You will get 30 vacation days, with the possibility to sell or purchase a limited amount of days;
- You will have the opportunity to grow within Nutreco and SHV Group;
- Flexible work environment with option to work from home several days per week.
What we ask:
- At least MSc in life science technology, e.g. biotechnology, molecular biology, biochemistry, life science & technology;
- At least 3-5 years relevant work experience, e.g. in biotech start-up / scale-up or a agrifood or life sciences-focused investment firm (e.g. venture capital, private equity) or consultancy, or in open innovation role in agrifood or life sciences company;
- Affinity with food production, agriculture, livestock farming and aquaculture, interest in digital technologies is a plus;
- Ability to operate on the interface of technology and business; able to link technological innovation to strategy and conduct financial modelling of business impact;
- Affinity with entrepreneurship, technology business development and start-up investing;
- Strong analytical skills, detail-oriented, resourceful, ability to analyse information and independently and proactively recommend next steps;
- Effective in a network organisation, good internal / external communication, ability to work in a demanding environment, simultaneously dealing with multiple projects, activities and senior stakeholders.
Extra information / Apply direct:
Are you the candidate we are looking for? We would like to hear from you! You can express your interest in this role by applying online with resume and cover letter and we will contact you as soon as possible. For more information regarding this vacancy, you can contact Edita Laukineityte (recruiter) at email@example.com . In case you do apply, we would like to thank you for sharing your ambition with us!
For all agencies: please be aware that acquisition based on our vacancies is not appreciated.
Nutreco is a global leader in animal nutrition and fish feed. Our advanced nutritional solutions are at the origin of food for millions of consumers worldwide. Quality, innovation and sustainability are guiding principles, embedded in the Nutreco culture from research and raw material procurement to products and services for agriculture and aquaculture. Experience across 100 years brings Nutreco a rich heritage of knowledge and experience for building its future.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Nutreco is an equal opportunity employer; applicants are considered for all roles without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, marital, parental, military status or any other status protected by applicable local law. Please advise us at any point during the recruitment and selection process if you require accommodation. Nutreco is committed to compliance with all applicable legislation, including providing accommodation for applicants with disabilities.
More than an investment fund, NuFrontiers is an active developer of tomorrow’s new feed and food businesses, supporting them with industry-leading exp...