We believe every industry can and will be disrupted by TECHNOLOGY.
Teams are at the core of every business´s success, which is why we value if they are multi-disciplinary, have strong track-record and possess developed technology skills.
Our thesis focuses on entry barriers which we believe can be created by strong robust technology or network effects enabled by traction. That´s why our analysis looks for a balance in both of them.
No business is business without generating revenue, so we evaluate how scalable the business model is, as well as its unit economics and its valuation.
The last considered factor includes the market size and relevance. Is it a blue ocean? Can it be turned into something global? How sexy is the market? a.k.a. how likely is a good/profitable exit?
Redwood Ventures invests on companies with an impact in Latin America.
- Focus on technology that can be translated into high entry barriers and sustainable competitive advantages
- Balance technology with traction, looking for product-market fit
- High growth, high scalability, great unit economics and reasonable entry price
- Disrupting big traditional industries with state-of-the-art technologies in a sector with frequent transactions
- Team of fully-committed, passionate and coachable founders