Program Director: Food Technology Accelerator Program
Brinc is a global venture firm that combines accelerators, funds, and a worldwide network to drive the success of entrepreneurs building the defining companies of tomorrow. Through active engagement with startups that contribute positively to humankind and the planet, we seek investment opportunities with the objective to enhance long-term value creation, generate attractive financial returns and drive societal, environmental, and technological innovation.
We have offices globally across major emerging entrepreneurial hubs, including Hong Kong, Bahrain, China, India, and Singapore. To date, we have invested in and supported the growth of more than 200 startups that demonstrably contribute to solving global challenges across Food & Water Security, Healthcare, Climate Change, Urbanization, Connectivity, Transportation, and Financial Inclusion. Over the next 5 years, we’ll invest in at least 1,000 new companies, furthering our efforts to support more entrepreneurs that are dedicated to solving the world’s toughest challenges.
About the Role:
We are seeking a Program Director (PD) who can take the helm and lead the investment strategy and program for Brinc’s Food Technology Accelerator.
The focus of the role is to raise capital for program investments and invest in the best startups, supporting them throughout the 3-month accelerator program. The PD will actively engage with and secure capital from investors, while simultaneously deal sourcing, conducting due diligence, selecting startups to join the program as well as mentoring, and guiding founders through challenges, critical decisions, and strategy formation.
The PD will be directly supported by a Program Manager (PM) and an Associate Program Manager (APM) who focus on program operations and delivering the best possible experience for all program stakeholders. Both the PM and PD are responsible for growing Brinc’s network of industry-focused mentors, corporate partners, and investors.
The PD reports directly to the Managing Director of Hong Kong, joining a team that spans the globe.
- Define the strategic direction and investment thesis for the program, updating the thesis with current market trends to remain relevant and competitive
- Conduct market research to maintain a deep understanding of food tech and the early stage investment market landscape
- Identify and engage with relevant investors (i.e., funds, corporates, governments, etc.) to secure the capital required to fund program investments
- Partner with program teams to create a holistic strategy and delivery plan and then own overall responsibility for the successful execution of the program
- Source, conduct due diligence, and make the initial investment decisions in all companies selected
- Engage in stakeholder management for key investment partners and collaborators
- Partner with internal Brinc teams to create and drive the pipeline of new startup investments and collaboration opportunities across the entire Brinc network
- Mentor select startups in building team / commercial strategy and fundraising
- Create and nurture a strong network of mentors, sponsors, investors, and corporate partners
- Represent Brinc in the local community, both actively and passively, and build thought leadership
- Mentor new Program Directors, assist in other programs, work on strategic initiatives, and develop meaningful and beneficial relationships across the Brinc ecosystem
- Must have founder experience, preferably having been through failure and successful startups as a CEO, and/or a track record in early-stage startup investing
- 10+ years of experience in fast-paced environments within technology, startups, entrepreneurship, and venture capital, with demonstrable leadership responsibilities
- Proven track record in being at the forefront of food innovation
- Deep knowledge of business and investor trends in the food industry, as well as scientific and technical advances
- Passion for driving technology-enabled change in the food industry
- Expertise in term sheets, negotiations, and fundraising
- Demonstrative results of your investment decisions, good and bad
- Comfortable with a minimal amount of direction and high expectations
- Experience with public speaking, and community development
- Ability and willingness to travel worldwide for meetings and events around the globe
- Understand the value of scalable systems and processes
- The opportunity to join a growing venture investor at an early stage and to make a significant impact in its development
- Work in an inspiring environment and receive ongoing training to develop your technical, leadership and interpersonal skills
- Work for a purpose-driven organization that uses an ESG investment framework in order to help solve the world's most pressing issues by backing and supporting game-changing entrepreneurs
The interview process:
Brinc is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, nor any other basis prohibited by law. Brinc’s interview process is objective, where all candidates complete a Testgorilla assessment, a 30-minute online bias-free assessment that enables applicant screening only against job and company requirements. Upon completed a member of the Brinc team will reach out to inform you about the potential next steps of the process.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Brinc is a venture capital firm on a mission to discover and back the world’s most talented entrepreneurs, help them create successful companies at sc...