Venture Studio Head - Net Zero
At Rainmaking, our mission is to realise the massive entrepreneurial potential at the crossover between the corporate & startup worlds. We believe the greatest value can be unlocked by combining the scale strengths and deep domain knowledge of corporates with the entrepreneurial execution of startups. We bring our entrepreneurial experience and global network, to co-invest with ambitious corporates. We only succeed when our partners see tangible, commercial results, designing and executing a balanced portfolio of innovation initiatives.
We help corporations embed an entrepreneurial culture. We train teams with practical entrepreneurial skills. We help companies to meaningfully engage with startups. And, we partner to collaboratively build your innovation culture.
Rainmaking has partnered with over 100 Fortune 500 companies, delivering positive change through entrepreneurship and bringing startups and corporates together to build and scale new businesses. During which, Rainmaking has built, invested, and accelerated 950 ventures, including the world’s largest industry-focused accelerator programme, Startupbootcamp.
Rainmaking has 13 offices across the globe with a global team of 150+ entrepreneurs, strategists, product experts, program teams and startup experts.
We are looking for a Venture Studio Head to lead a venture studio team focused on building and accelerating venture concepts and launching them into the world for one of our clients. The focus of the venture studio will be on digital products and solutions that facilitate a net zero future.
About The Role
As a Venture Studio Head you will be responsible for:
- Recruiting and managing your studio team;
- Leading scoping projects to identify market opportunities and create new venture concepts;
- Overseeing the production of Investment Committee presentations, papers and supporting materials;
- Leading presentations to both our Studio Board and our Investment Committees
- Overseeing identification and recruitment of experienced founders to run your new ventures; and
- Ensuring portfolio ventures are adequately supported by the studio team.
- Expertise in venture capital, entrepreneurship, innovation and venture building
- Proven innovation and strategy capabilities including experience of structuring analysis and research to evaluate and present commercial and/or investment opportunities
- Program or project management experience, working to deadlines and managing teams
- Ability to navigate large-scale corporates, including managing complex enterprise sales with multiple senior stakeholders;
- Awareness, if not deep practical understanding, of Lean Startup methodologies
- Exceptional ability to communicate, both written and verbally, presenting credibly and effectively to senior stakeholders; and
- Experience in building and managing a high performing team.
Why Work With Us
- Opportunity to be part of an innovation journey for a range of established corporate partners
- Opportunity to rapidly take on responsibility and shape the direction of the partnerships
- Access to a global network with innovative startups and early stage companies in every major startup ecosystem worldwide
- Being part of a small, super-dedicated group of very skilled and fun people
- A great office environment, at our office located in central London with great people and great coffee!
- Be a happy and whole person with flexible work environment so you can have time to carve out for your friends and family
- A unique culture focusing on three strong values: being entrepreneurial, being impactful and being kind.
Read our culture book here
- Competitive Package
- Wellness budget every month (massage, yoga, gym, etc)
- Health Insurance (BUPA)
- Pension Scheme
- Life Insurance
- Bike to Work Scheme
- Annual team off-site
- Summer & Christmas Parties
- Monthly Team Social Events
- Annual flu shot
- Home office setup support
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We unleash the power of entrepreneurship to solve big problems with the world’s leading companies.