Associate/Senior Associate, Investment
Incorporated in 1974, Temasek is a globally diversified investment company headquartered in Singapore. Supported by 11 offices globally, Temasek owned a S$403 billion (~US$297 billion) portfolio as of 31 March 2022, mainly in Singapore and Asia.
Temasek's portfolio covers a broad spectrum of industries: financial services; telecommunications, media and technology; transportation and industrials; life sciences, consumer and real estate; as well as energy and resources. Temasek has a particular focus on innovation and cutting-edge technology that has the ability to positively affect the world.
About the Team:
Temasek’s New York office is looking for a junior investment professional at the Associate or Senior Associate level. They will be expected to spend at least 50% of their time on climate tech and agrifood investments with the remainder of their time focused on other industries Temasek focuses on.
The investment professional will be part of the Temasek USA investment team, participating in all aspects of the investment process, from initial screening and due diligence, through approval, to post-investment monitoring.
- Taking part in identifying key sectoral developments and assessing investment opportunities
- Conducting research and financial analysis on assigned sub-sectors and relevant companies
- Develop financial models and presentations for internal evaluation and investment committees;
- Develop strong sector expertise enabling you to assess a broad range of investment opportunities across late stage VC, growth private equity and public market equities
- Build detailed integrated financial models and analyze key commercial, financial and valuation drivers
- Produce screening materials for new transactions, market landscaping papers and other investment committee memoranda
- Monitor existing investments – keep abreast of developments within the portfolio to inform portfolio decisions
- You will develop the ability to engage and connect with various internal and external stakeholders including C-level management of prospective and existing investee companies, external advisors and investment partners
- Support project team in ad hoc projects, reporting and administration tasks
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university required
- Around 1-2 year of work experience with a top-tier private equity, investment bank, corporate finance, M&A or research firm
- Strong analytical insight and financial modelling skills, as well as a strong understanding of financial statements at an intermediate level
- Familiar with the use of appropriate data sources (e.g. CapIQ, FactSet, Factiva, etc.) for business and industry information research and presentation
- A positive can-do attitude with a high degree of intellectual curiosity
- Strong communication, interpersonal & teamwork skills
- Self-starter with proven ability to manage multiple priorities and work independently
Salary Range: Base salary of US$120K – US$195K per annum (compensation structure includes various additional incentives payable in April, August and October annually)
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Temasek is a global investment company headquartered in Singapore. We are a generational investor, seeking to make a difference with tomorrow in mind...