As a Venture Associate at Vebu Labs, Inc. you will help manage the growth and business development for our portfolio companies. This will entail assisting Directors with all aspects of building a new business, including development of business plans and growth strategy, building financial models, crafting pitch decks, informing branding & marketing deliverables, developing corporate partnerships, and driving fundraising activities.
- Manage multiple resources in order to hit deadlines and complete deliverables
- Write and manage submission processes for SEC compliance documents for crowdfunding campaigns (e.g., Form 1-A)
- Assist Venture Team leadership in fundraising activities, including forecasting and financial modeling
- Complete research and deep dives into various industries to identify trends and present investment opportunities to the Labs team
- Use available data and information to make and substantiate recommendations across a range of functional areas
- Support business development opportunities for up to 5 companies
- Generate ad hoc reports and evaluate KPIs
- Support marketing activities in support of Crowdfunding campaigns
- Engage with vendors and other external parties to vet opportunities and build relationships for the firm
- Masters' Degree and 2+ years of professional experience.
- Bachelor Degree and 5+ years of professional experience
- Basic understanding of financial models/accounting
- Project management experience
- Adept at boiling down complex ideas and communicating them effectively to any audience
- Excellent written communication skills
- Strong spreadsheet and presentation (Excel, Google Sheets, Powerpoint, Keynote, etc.) skills
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Experience in finance, audit, consulting, venture capital nice to have
Physical Demands and Work Environment
This position will not require any heaving lifting, will be a professional office setting with temperature-controlled capabilities. On occasion, manufacturing type noises from fabrication may happen. The office is also designed in an open floor plan with access to phone booths for any calls/meetings needing more confidential dialog. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) of this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee(s) will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an at will relationship.
This is a hybrid role based in El Segundo, CA. Local candidates or those willing to relocate at their expense to Los Angeles.
Vebu Labs, Inc. is unable to provide sponsorship at this time.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
At Vebu, we found, fund, and scale transformative ventures around the world.