US Director of Platform - Strategic Partnerships
Established in 2013, Blisce is a growth stage venture capital firm focused on backing impactful high growth technology companies. Drawing upon our team’s experience as entrepreneurs, investors, and operators we focus on investing in top startups – ex. Spotify, Headspace, Pinterest, Too Good To Go, Redesign Health, and Talkiatry. Our Portfolio: https://www.crunchbase.com/organization/blisce
Our team is based in New York and Paris. We have worked to embed social impact and responsibility across our organization: we were the first growth stage venture capital fund to be certified as a B Corp, enable our team to volunteer 5% of their time, and have committed to donating 20% of our returns to charity.
Beyond the capital we invest, Blisce’s unique cross-border platform team enhances the growth and impact of our portfolio companies. Our support to companies focuses on three areas of support to accelerate their trajectory: enabling growth across the EU and US (BD/Marketing), enhancing social and environmental impact and developing diverse high-performing teams.
We are currently recruiting a new team member to lead our US platform for portfolio support. This is a unique opportunity to simultaneously build a network across both the United States and a diverse range of industries, while also gaining exposure to some of the most innovative technology startups in the US and EU. In addition, this is a chance to join a mission-driven team at an inflection point in the growth of our organization. This role will report to Sam Giber, Partner @ Blisce, and collaborate extensively with our Director of Platform in Europe as well as our other Investment Partners. You will also work with senior leadership teams at our portfolio companies to understand and support their strategic objectives.
As US Platform Director you will focus on developing and leveraging networks of top functional specialists to drive strategic insights, partnerships and talent to our portfolio companies. This is not an operating partner position.
We value team players, able and ready to work in a fast-paced environment where everyone is expected to make an impact. More specifically candidates should be ready to:
- Support Blisce portfolio founders’ and management teams’ BD & Talent goals by developing and providing access to a high-quality network of decision makers/top-talent.
- Identify and build relationships with relevant US corporate and talent partners to proactively generate business, talent and corporate development opportunities for our portfolio companies.
- Develop global content and events to drive member growth, retention and community engagement on our digital platform of executive leaders (Elevate).
- Host discussions and events with experts on topics related to Blisce portfolio companies’ needs, to generate relevant insights and best practices.
- Lead US new venture onboarding process and work with senior leadership teams at our portfolio companies to identify strategic value-add support areas and track progress throughout the year.
- Work cross functionally with our investment and impact teams to develop and activate plans that accelerate growth and improve social & environmental impact of Blisce portfolio companies
- Proven ability to build networks, partnerships and communities across diverse industries, cultures and perspectives.
- Experience managing business development and partnerships with track record of successfully closing new business development opportunities.
- Team player, able and ready to work in a fast-paced environment where everyone is expected to make an impact. Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and comfortable with ambiguity.
- Passionate about technology and startups, strong curiosity about operations, HR and partnerships in growing companies.
- Preferred: Demonstrated experience working on program management, network management, business development and strategic partnerships at a startup/growth stage company.
The job will be located in our office in New York, we are open initially to remote candidates who can work three days per week from New York City by February, 2023. Our office has a hybrid work policy and we are in the office Monday to Wednesday.
Application process If you are interested in this opportunity, please email the following materials to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Your resume
- A cover letter detailing:
- Why you want to work at Blisce/? (Max 200 Words)
- How have you successfully built a community or network of partnerships ? (One example, Max 300 Words)
Blisce is an equal opportunity organization and continuously strives to create a diverse and inclusive environment. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We help entrepreneurs build mission-driven global consumer brands and technology companies.