MS&AD Ventures is a venture investment firm backed by MS&AD Insurance Group Holdings, one of the largest insurance conglomerates in the world, (HQ in Japan) with presence in 50 different countries. We invest in leading Fintech, Insurtech, and other technology businesses with a goal of fostering innovation in these core sectors with strong strategic alignment with the global MS&AD businesses. We have already invested in 80+ companies around the world since October, 2018.
We’re looking to hire an associate/senior associate to support both business development and investment efforts. This role is perfect for someone who loves market research and data. This person will be a critical part of a small team so having a proactive entrepreneurial mindset is important. Ideally this person will have some experience in insurance sector.
The role is based in Menlo Park, CA.
(Candidates must be local and/or willing to relocate to the Bay Area)
The associate/senior associate will work directly with senior members of the firm, assisting in all aspects of the firm’s business including business development, working with our business units and supporting our portfolio companies.
Key Functions include:
- Compile and analyze data on competitive market structure and key competitors to understand changing market dynamics and a company’s relative strengths, weaknesses, and strategies and organize them into actionable opportunities for business units
- Support business development team to identify, evaluate partnerships with technology start-ups, analyzing market trends, tracking competitive landscapes, and performing company related diligence.
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative research on industry trends, market size, and opportunity.
- Work with team to surface and analyze relevant early and growth startups for potential engagement with MS&AD Group.
- Preparation of memos, PowerPoint presentations and internal documents. Contribute to monthly thought leadership pieces for MS&AD Group.
- Create reports, market size and analysis for products under development
- 3 - 4 years of experience in venture capital, corporate innovation, product management, start-ups. or technology research, corporate development/strategy. Start-up experience, technical and engineering, finance background a plus.
- Applicants must have demonstrated academic and professional excellence and possess strong critical thinking skills, a tough work ethic, and a passion for technology and entrepreneurship.
- Individuals should have strong oral and written communication skills, with strong ability to work well in teams across borders.
- Highly collaborative style - able to work effectively across multiple key stakeholder groups across several different countries
- Bilingual Japanese and/or other languages is a plus but not required
Your application has been successfully submitted.
MS&AD Ventures is an early stage venture fund looking broadly at technology companies in Fintech, InsurTech, AI, IOT, Big Data and Cybersecurity.