Head of Platform
You are the embodiment of Atento Capital’s core value of “people first”. The passion you have for people is what drives you professionally. You thrive when you find an opportunity to connect people or help them. On behalf of Atento, you are the bridge between those with aspirations and those who have the ability to help bring those aspirations to reality.
Community is core to who you are. You are deeply grounded in your own communities and strive to build new ones. You aren’t afraid to tackle challenges head on and identify solutions. You are self aware and confident with what you do really well, and where you need to ask for help. Importantly, you are not afraid to ask for that help when you need it, and have the ability to determine who best to go to depending on the help you seek.
You are the Atento Capital ambassador to our portfolio companies and we look to you to act on behalf of Atento that is in every way aligned to our core values, goals, strategic direction, and commitments to Tulsa and further enables us to grow and make an impact on Tulsa’s venture capital economy.
As the Head of Platform:
- You will cultivate community by sourcing and leveraging content or speakers for regular portfolio meetings, creative programming and events (both in-person and online), and resources to drive community engagement and add value for portfolio companies
- You are excited to assist companies with solving their most complex challenges and do so by coordinating portfolio meetings, cultivating founder:founder support, maintaining communication channels
- You source providers, manage our venture partners, and activate strategic business development networks and services to help elevate our portfolio companies.
- You help to frame story-telling for fundraising through deck creation and are a master at coaching others through their pitch strategy
- You facilitate fund introductions, maintain relationships with Atento/GKFF Portfolio funds/other relevant portfolio funds, and are able to facilitate introductions to the portfolio at the right time to said funds
- You are the point person on portfolio company onboarding. Create and implement a repeatable playbook for the ninety days post investment for portfolio companies ensuring a consistent experience.
- You work with the team leading a new potential investment to understand the needs of portfolio companies post investment, when the real work begins. You then work within Atento Capital’s network, find partners, or implement new systems to meet these needs.
- You support the successful personal and professional transition of founders that move from elsewhere to Tulsa
- You solicit portfolio founders on what high-impact/short-term projects our team can do to help them have an unfair advantage
- You, along with the Managing Director, will determine the hiring needs and organizational structure to execute the above items. Two team members currently work on the platform: a recruiter and an analyst.
Our Ideal Head of Platform:
- Has 10+ years in a community/operations/platform position, strong preference for VC or accelerator/incubator experience;
- Or 10+ years in operations, heavily concentrated in startups;
- Or 10+ years consulting.
- Or just an amazing human with really unique life experience, that is directly applicable to startups. This human’s resume can look many different ways, and therefore we do not want to overly put the profile in a specific box.
- Is aligned with Atento’s Core Values of: People First, Curious, Humble, ExceptionalIs energized by creating unique and memorable events and engagements that enable people to build relationships through shared experiences
- Is looking to build out a key component of a long term venture fund. The right person would want to do this for the “indefinite” future. The role has the ability to expand into a full partner in the next Atento Fund.
- Has an incredible amount of empathy towards founders and the challenges of building an early stage company, ideally based on lived experience building startups.
- Has the capacity to direct strategic initiatives while executing on tactical duties, manage and deliver on multiple, simultaneous projects
- Has a deep passion and personal purpose for helping others, especially people who have been traditionally overlooked.
- Is a self-starter who is both proactive and creative with a bias towards action
- Is comfortable with not knowing the answer and eager to learn
- Demonstrates emotional intelligence while building trust with the community and team and able to work with a variety of different personality archetypes.
- Is obsessed with maximizing human potential, both for yourself and those around you, be it team members, founders, or anyone you come into contact with.
- Has BA (ideally in Business/Finance/Entrepreneurship/Engineering), ideal candidate would have an MBA
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation, based on fitting experience annual salary of $150-200,000 + bonus
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Atento offers a 401(k) plan and student loan repayment for qualifying terms
- We have unlimited PTO, paid sick time, and paid leave.
Who We Are:
Atento is more than just our name. It is who we are. Atento is the Spanish word for Helpful, and that is what we strive to be every day, living by the philosophy of “doing well by doing good.” We are a small team of Atentans incredibly passionate about what we do in our local community—a community we believe is a hidden gem and destination for entrepreneurs, the tech community, and top talent.
As a venture capital organization, our Investments and Operations teams work closely together to drive growth and returns within the city of Tulsa. Specifically, our investment focus lies on venture funds, non-local and local direct startups, and economic development programming—all with a strong lens towards diversity. We seek to maximize our impact on others while simultaneously creating tremendous value for our investment partners, founders, and community. Using our community connections, deep commitment to entrepreneurship, and vision to scale technology in Tulsa, we invest in hard working entrepreneurs and personally help them build their companies here.
If you are excited about working in a fast-paced, startup-esque environment where you will learn oodles about venture capital while driving revolutionary entrepreneurial development in a burgeoning tech hub, we want to meet you.
Atento COVID-19 Policy:
Atento requires all employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. This vaccine requirement is subject to the Americans with Disabilities Act and Title VII of the Civil Rights Act exceptions.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We're a Tulsa-based investment firm focused on returns, quality job creation, and being helpful.