Head of Community & Events
Giant Ventures is a global venture capital firm that invests in purpose-driven founders solving the world’s biggest challenges. We champion technology entrepreneurs creating a more sustainable, equitable, and resilient planet across three themes: climate, health and inclusive capitalism. We lead seed rounds and invest between $5-15M at Series B and beyond. Giant is run by a unique group of founders, CEOs and global leaders. We will invest $1B into purpose-driven technology this decade.
Giant team members possess insatiable curiosity, drive, and entrepreneurial spirit. We are a tight-knit and highly motivated team looking for self-directed individuals who thrive in the pursuit of excellence and are comfortable with ambiguity.
The Role & Responsibilities
This role is a unique opportunity to be part of building a major engine of sustainable innovation for the world. It offers significant growth, learning, and development opportunities, as well as exposure to the world's leading technology founders, corporate CEOs and political leaders.
Giant Ventures is seeking a full-time Head of Community & Events. This role will report directly to one of Giant’s Founding Partners. The successful candidate will become an integral part of the firm, offering significant growth and leadership opportunities. You will lead Giant’s community and events efforts while also driving operational excellence and efficiency across our platform offering. Core responsibilities are as follows:
- Design and execute our showpiece Investor Day every year: manage budget, venue, suppliers, schedule; coordinate with speakers; oversee the day; develop metrics for success, etc
- Design and execute events for our founder and LPs (investors) which will include dinners, retreats, and webinars
- Design and execute internal team events and offsites
- Update and oversee our annual events budget
PR and Marketing:
- Provide assistance with writing press releases (both for Giant and for Portfolio Companies), investor communications and blog posts
- Provide support on ongoing content tasks: newsletters, social media, website
- Develop and maintain relationships with tech journalists and publications
Portfolio Company Partnerships:
- Build and maintain our online portfolio company support hub, providing founders with discounts and recommendations across service providers
- Forge new partnerships with service providers to provide support to the portfolio
- Experience delivering large events
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously
- Highly detail-oriented
- A self-starter, entrepreneurial, and enjoy networking
- Based in London
- Please note: this role is not a route into an investment role.
- Please note: Unfortunately we are unable to sponsor visas at this time
- Competitive salary and long-term incentives
- Healthcare benefits and pension plan
- 25 days annual leave plus local public holidays
- Various perks such as a cycle-to-work scheme, team socials & offsites, lunch once per week, free breakfast, and a meditation app subscription.
- A minimum of three days a week in our beautiful London office but otherwise flexible working – we value output over face time
- Rapid personal development, extensive opportunity, and a highly accelerated learning curve
To apply, please upload your CV and answer the following three questions:
- Describe why you are motivated to apply for this role (300-word limit)
- Tell us about the most impressive event that you have organized in your career to date. What was your biggest challenge? What was your biggest learning? What went well? (300-word limit)
- Please upload or include links to any examples of published copy (press pieces, blogs, website content, etc), if you have any (don't worry if you don't)
Don't be discouraged if the role description does not perfectly map to you or your experience. Talent exists everywhere! Apply and let us explore if we are meant to work together. Please note: this role is not a route into an investment role.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We back purpose-driven founders solving the world’s biggest challenges .