Venture Building Associate (m/f/x)
Join us to build companies that shape the future of nutrition, health, and climate sustainability. FoodLabs is a venture capital investor and studio based in Berlin with a focus on FoodTech. We’ve backed leading startups from the early days such as Formo, Infarm, share, Mushlabs, Mitte, Meatable, and Gorillas. As Venture Building Associate (m/f/x), you will be an integral part of our core team. Managing (scientific) company-building projects, you will identify future trends and technologies in the food and agriculture space right at the source of innovation, create groundbreaking business models from scratch, and work with incredibly mission-driven entrepreneurs. You will own and shape the company building lifecycle and guide our founders from ideation to validation and to commercialization. You will explore various topics, industries, and business models and you will work directly with founders, investment teams, strategic partners, advisors, and follow-on investors.
YOUR FUTURE AT FOODLABS
As an Associate, you will support our founders by leveraging your experience and network to provide them with an unfair advantage to disrupt the food value chain:
- You will identify future trends, technologies, and business models in the food space, working directly with founders, investment teams, professors, and external investors to build groundbreaking, impactful business models from scratch. You will build companies that matter.
- You will become part of our pre-seed ventures during high-intense sprints, supporting them with operational expertise to boost their business during their first growth phase.
- You will advise selected portfolio companies and their (scientific) founders on various growth issues, track and consult on their key metrics, help translate between science and business, and take on a guiding role during their next fundraising rounds.
- You will collaborate with universities and research institutions in understanding the latest technology trends, and transfer the insights into scalable business models based on solid IP
- You will meet inspiring founders and entrepreneurs. Together with the Talent & Venture Development Team, you will bring in unique talents and close extraordinary founders for our new ventures.
- We put Founders first. At all times. They are the most important piece of a gigantic puzzle and we understand it as a privilege to accompany them on their way. In our Studio, they will find everything they need to focus on developing and validating their business ideas. And you will be right by their side.
👀 Work with entrepreneurs at eye-level: You will be in the driver’s seat for our company-building efforts, working directly with a diverse group of founders, investment experts, and strategic partners.
🧑🚀 Work with entrepreneurs at eye-level: You will be in the driver’s seat for our company-building efforts, working directly with a diverse group of founders, investment experts, and strategic partners.
🥑 Create the future world of food: Alternative proteins, cellular agriculture, vertical farming, foodtech – these and many more concepts will be the instruments with which you will design the future world in a healthy and sustainable way.
💥 Get things done: We focus on results and turning visions into reality efficiently
🌐 Become part of: the FoodLabs and Atlantic Labs network with over 150 companies in various topics such as biotech (Mushlabs, Formo), agritech (Klim, Stenon), healthtech (Clue, Myota), new work (Zenjob, Coleap), fintech (Lano, Kadmos), community (Beat81, Jodel), food delivery (Gorillas, Kitch), and many more.
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- Drive for excellence: No matter the field, you have proven yourself in the past with an outstanding track record. You have a multi-disciplinary academic education with exposure to life science topics. Through studies in Microbiology, Biochemistry, Neurobiology, Molecular Medicine, Engineering, and Business Management, you feel at ease in both worlds.
- Experience: Min. 3 years of work experience in a high-performance environment, such as an IP-based growth start-up, strategy consulting, VC and Private Equity, or leading research institution. Previous start-up experience is a must-have.
- It’s a Marathon: Above all, we are looking for brave and mission-driven people ready to face a lot of obstacles on their way to ultimate success. Giving up is not an option.
- Build a Solution: You have a problem-solving mindset with excellent analytical abilities to tackle various conceptual and strategic topics in a fast-paced environment.
- Speak up: Fluency in English is a must. Fluency in German or other additional languages is of great advantage – You are able to effectively communicate with diverse target groups, incl. founders, candidates, investors, corporate partners, etc.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Backing mission-driven founders.