Staff Accountant, Tax
Founded in Silicon Valley in 2009 by Marc Andreessen and Ben Horowitz, Andreessen Horowitz (known as "a16z") is a venture capital firm that backs bold entrepreneurs building the future through technology. We are stage agnostic: We invest in seed to venture to late-stage technology companies, across bio + healthcare, consumer, crypto, enterprise, fintech, games, and companies building toward American dynamism. a16z has $35B in assets under management across multiple funds.
We’ve established a team that is defined by respect for the entrepreneur and the company-building process; we know what it’s like to be in the founder’s shoes. We’ve invested in companies like Affirm, Airbnb, Coinbase, Databricks, Devoted Health, EQRx, Figma, GitHub, Instacart, OpenSea, Roblox, Stripe, and Substack. Our team is at the forefront of new technology, helping founders and their companies impact and change the world.
We are looking for a Staff Accountant, Tax to join our Tax team. The Staff Accountant, Tax will report directly to the Partner, Tax and will work closely with Tax Managers and the Tax Director. We use enterprise software (AltaReturn, IPREO, Salesforce) for efficiency and scale.
Support the Tax functions, including:
- Assist the Tax team with tax returns and compiling data for our tax compliance service providers for 100+ entities which includes Crypto funds, Venture, Growth, and Bio funds, as well as associated special purpose vehicles
- Track and coordinate quarterly withholding tax payments and annual 1042/8804 filings for crypto staking activities and portfolio interest reporting
- Responsible for partner information data required for K-1 reporting and updates to customer relationship management system
- Track and collect financial data for foreign company investment tax reporting and CFC/PFIC analysis
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders to monitor inbound requests and ensure timely responses
- Assist with the maintenance of electronic tax files, including scanning and archiving tax filings receipts and confirmations
To join our team, you should be excited to:
- Work in a highly organized and detail-oriented way. You can manage your time and multiple priorities effectively
- Actively participate and collaborate with multiple teams and people
- Communicate in a productive manner and follow up on outstanding items
- Work in a very dynamic, fast-paced environment, requirements can change with little notice and you will need to adapt and be flexible
- Learn venture capital tax from the ground up
- Take the time to understand our processes and culture, embrace the best parts and recommend changes for improvement
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent education experience, with focus in accounting or finance
- 1-3 year of relevant, proven accounting or tax experience preferred but not vital
- Demonstrated ability to deal with sensitive information and maintain confidentiality
- Ability to meet tight deadlines, strong attention to detail, and eagerness to learn
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- We do only first class business and only in a first class way
- We take a long view of relationships, because we are in the relationship business
- We believe in the future and bet the firm that way
- We are all different, we recognize that, and we win
- We celebrate the good times
- We do it for the team
- We play to win
At a16z we are always looking to hire the absolute best talent and recognize that diversity in our experiences and backgrounds is what makes us stronger. We hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. These differences are what enables us to work towards the future we envision for ourselves, our portfolio companies, and the World.
Andreessen Horowitz hereby reserves the right to make use of any unsolicited resumes received from outside recruiting agencies and / or individual recruiters without being responsible for payment of any fees asserted from the use of unsolicited resumes.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Andreessen Horowitz (known as "a16z") is a venture capital firm in Silicon Valley, California, that backs bold entrepreneurs building the future throu...