Entrepreneur in Residence - Natural Sciences (m/f/x)
FoodLabs is a venture capital investor and venture studio, based in Berlin with a focus on FoodTech-, AgTech, Health, and Sustainability. We back mission-driven founders solving the most pressing problems along the entire value chain of the food industry. And we strongly believe that science has a key role to play here. Over the last years, we’ve been building groundbreaking ventures with scientists and founders, e.g. Formo, Myota, and Mushlabs.
We are calling out for purpose-driven scientific researchers to join our mission to build the next generation of food companies that have a positive impact on the planet and people. As an Entrepreneur in Residence with FoodLabs, you will explore and validate the opportunity to build a venture, leverage your scientific experience - supported by our dedicated team. Moving forward with incorporating your venture, FoodLabs will provide pre-seed funding for your company.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES & CHALLENGES
As an Entrepreneur in Residence, you have the opportunity to build your own venture based on your scientific expertise, with VC backing and a strong operational support network. As part of the founding team, you will be having a significant impact in building the business and team from scratch.
- You want to take your scientific background to the next level and build your own company
- Our dedicated studio team will provide you with financial, operational, and strategic support, and everything you need to know to validate your business model and build your own venture
- Growth strategy
- Operational excellence
- People & Talent
- Marketing & PR
- Monthly financial support to cover basic living costs
- Free office space in our amazing office in Berlin in Mitte (incl. rooftop terrace)
- Mentoring and advisory from our network of scientific & tech founders
- Access to our FoodLabs and Atlantic Labs network with over 150+ portfolio companies.
- Collaboration with a team of talented and motivated individuals looking to change the world
- A high-growth, ambitious startup environment with an exponential learning curve
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- An excellent track record in your field, incl. a Ph.D. degree in one of the following fields: Biotechnology, Molecular Biology, Life Sciences, Bioprocess Engineering, Biochemistry, or related disciplines
- Work experience in a commercial environment, e.g. consulting, startups or biotech industry is of great advantage
- Strong entrepreneurial passion to build your own business and the next generation of biotech startups with us
- A passion for food, health, nutrition, and sustainability
- A track record of achievements & experience in the research and development in your relevant scientific space
- Strong hands-on attitude and willingness to take on various tasks, also outside your field of expertise
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English, German knowledge is of advantage but not a must
- Integrity, self-motivation, a proactive, execution-oriented mindset
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Backing mission-driven founders.