Talent & Venture Development Associate (m/f/x)
As an early-stage VC, it’s our job not only to discover the best companies before they actually become them but to foster an environment where they have access to the best possible opportunity for success. With a strong belief that capital investment is just one part of the journey, we strive to deliver transformational impact to our founders on a daily basis on the topics that affect the trajectory of a company the most: Product, People, and Commercial Growth.
Operating across the intersection of venture capital and venture building gives us the space to find the corners where we can have the most impact. That means recognizing great founders before others do. Sometimes even before the talents themselves recognize their entrepreneurial potential. We create a space where great business opportunities and outstanding talents meet and thrive. Unique talents, smart people strategies, and scalable organizations are just as important for the success of a company as the timing, a great business plan, or the perfect product-market fit.
Why we are looking for you now
We launched the Venture Development function 3 years ago with the goal to combine the best of strategy consulting, venture building, and talent hacking to shape how we can support our ventures beyond the capital. Our portfolio is growing and so is the demand for our expertise. In our current VC climate talent is more scarce than money. At the same time, promising startup ideas are often replicable. People are not. After launching this function three years ago we are ready to reach new milestones. Together with you, we will:
- Work directly with your colleagues in VD, our Entrepreneurs-in-Residence, Founders, Studio, and Investment Teams to up our game in finding the best future founders. This includes anything, from inspiring biotech scientists, to web3 gurus, or D2C-marketing lovers
- Build expansion playbooks, hiring roadmaps, and big-picture organizational strategies with our portfolio founders, coaching them to grow on their own
- Expand our knowledge platform with insights ranging from high-level expansion models, process templates, ESOP guidelines, performance management, tech recruiting hacks, compensation practices, to amazing employer brands, …
- Zoom in and out: Take a talent focused, but holistic approach supporting our founders across the whole venture-building journey. With great business understanding, you translate business plans into people & talent strategy. You are able to take over urgent & critical tasks directly to act in the best interest of the company
- Work in close conjunction with the wider Venture Development team to consult and collaborate on broader talent related topics including growth, organization, and product.
Your role: A founder’s right hand in building a business
You are developing a new function with us. Thus, you are shaping us as well as your own path in venture capital. We provide a setup that is ideal for people who love to challenge the status quo and are passionate about the power of talent. We are building the Talent & Venture Development team to take over the most urgent, mission-critical projects. You will design, and lead your own projects.
Who you will work with
- You will be part of the platform function “Venture Development” operating across both FoodLabs and Atlantic Labs, and reporting to our Operating Partner Thilo
- You will on a daily basis work on eye level with Founders and their leadership teams, ranging from pre-seed to pre-IPO
- You will collaborate daily and host projects with our Studio & Investment teams
What you need to succeed in this role
- Venture Building Expertise: You gained experience in a high-performing startup-up environment, learning first-hand what it takes to successfully build and grow an organization
- Talent Expertise: You have a strong track record in bringing top talent into high-performing startups, incl. work experience with sourcing, conversion, and interviewing best practices, and the ability to coach & mentor.
- Curiosity & Ambition: Your learning journey will be steep. You need to be driven by an absolute thirst for knowledge, operational excellence, and the grit to work on long-term goals.
- Strong self-management and project management skills: You have proven yourself in a demanding, fast-paced environment and are used to engaging with decision-makers. You act with empathy and integrity and back your decisions with data.
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
Drive for excellence: No matter the field, you have proven yourself in the past with an outstanding track record. You have a Bachelor's or Master’s degree preferably in Business, Marketing, Finance, BioTech, or Engineering.
Experience: Min. 3 years of work experience in a fast-paced environment, such as a growth start-up, strategy consulting, or VC. Previous start-up experience, ideally in Operations, Marketing, Strategy, or Growth is a must-have.
It’s a Marathon: Above all, we are looking for brave and mission-driven people ready to face a lot of obstacles on their way to ultimate success. Giving up is not an option.
Build a Solution: You have a problem-solving mindset with excellent analytical abilities to tackle various conceptual and strategic topics in a fast-paced environment.
Speak up: Fluency in English is a must. Fluency in German is of great advantage – You are able to effectively communicate with diverse target groups, incl. candidates, investors, corporate partners, etc.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Backing mission-driven founders.