Entrepreneur in Residence - ClimateTech (m/f/x)
Climate Change is one of the most complex problems humanity is facing. And we think that you can solve it!
We back mission-driven founders who work on transformative technology ventures solving the world’s climate challenges. We’re purpose-driven investors. We see huge opportunities for building outlier companies that pave the way for a more sustainable world and have a positive impact on the planet and people.
Atlantic Labs is a breeding ground for new ambitious companies. We work with extraordinary entrepreneurs, whose innovations will define the next era of business and tech. We provide (pre-) seed venture capital and the optimal environment to kick off the next aspiring start-up.
FoodLabs is an early-stage venture capital investor and venture studio with a focus on FoodTech-, AgTech, Health, and Sustainability. We back mission-driven founders solving the most pressing problems along the entire value chain of the food industry.
This is how we think about ClimateTech
- We need to limit future emissions through levers like energy, sustainable materials, green mobility, and other innovations until new sources of carbon dioxide, methane, and other greenhouse gases hit zero. -> CO2 reduction
- We agree that reduction is the first order. But we are now at a stage where we additionally need to remove CO2 (around 1 Trillion CO2 tons). These efforts need to be tech advances that are permanent.-> CO2 removal.
- We've done irreversible damage. Now we need to prepare future generations to strive on a damaged planet through climate resilient infrastructure, food, water & many unforeseen second-order effects.->Climate resilience
We’re supporting Entrepreneurs in Residence (EiR) to join us as a founder and start a ClimateTech venture. - all you need is the conviction to start a company.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES & CHALLENGES
As an Entrepreneur in Residence, you have the opportunity to build your own ClimateTech venture based on your expertise, with VC backing and a strong operational support network. As part of the founding team, you will be having a significant impact in building the business and team from scratch.
If founding a ClimateTech company is for you, even if you don’t yet have a fleshed-out idea and haven’t quit your day job - reach out.
- Starting a company is as much art as it is science. You are in a cohort of 1. We are not an incubator and there are no batches. Tailor-made, instead of mass-produced.
- We will provide the Pre-Seed funding for your company.
- You are the key player, we are the cheerleader.
- Our team will provide you with financial, operational, and strategic support, and everything you need to know to validate your business model, incorporate and build your own venture
- Growth and go-to-market strategy
- Operational excellence
- People & Talent
- Marketing & PR
- Monthly financial support to cover basic living costs. You read that correctly, you don't just get funding, you are also paid a monthly amount to pay some of the daily costs.
- Space in our amazing office in Berlin Mitte (incl. rooftop terrace) as well as access to lab space
- Mentoring and advisory from our network of scientific, tech, and business founders
- Access to the Atlantic Labs and FoodLabs network with over 150+ portfolio companies and expert
- Collaboration with a team of talented and motivated individuals looking to change the world
- A high-growth, ambitious startup environment with an exponential learning curve
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- A strong mission to solve the climate crisis, potentially a product/ business model you’re thinking about
- An excellent track record in your area of expertise
- Strong entrepreneurial passion to build your own business
- A passion for starting businesses and curiosity to change the status quo
- Work experience in a commercial environment, e.g. consulting, startups or the biotech industry is of great advantage
- A strong passion for starting your own business in order to tackle the issues connected to climate change
- Strong hands-on attitude and willingness to take on various tasks, also outside your field of expertise
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English, and German knowledge is of advantage but not a must
- Integrity, self-motivation, a proactive, execution-oriented mindset
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Backing mission-driven founders.