Deal Partner, Growth (Health)
Founded in Silicon Valley in 2009 by Marc Andreessen and Ben Horowitz, Andreessen Horowitz (known as "a16z") is a venture capital firm that backs bold entrepreneurs building the future through technology. We are stage agnostic: We invest in seed to venture to late-stage technology companies, across bio + healthcare, consumer, crypto, enterprise, fintech, games, and companies building toward American dynamism. a16z has $35B in assets under management across multiple funds.
We’ve established a team that is defined by respect for the entrepreneur and the company-building process; we know what it’s like to be in the founder’s shoes. We’ve invested in companies like Anduril, Cedar, Coinbase, Databricks, Figma, Fivetran, Flock Safety, Loom, Roblox, and Stripe. Our team is at the forefront of new technology, helping founders and their companies impact and change the world.
The a16z Growth Fund, which manages more than $10 billion in assets, invests in Health companies at the intersection of computer science and health care delivery, operations and finance. We are seeking an deal partner to help support the fund’s Health investing efforts. We work collaboratively with our colleagues on the a16z Bio+Health Fund, which is an early-stage vehicle focusing on the same Health-related companies.
To join our team, you should be excited to:
- Develop a sharp investment point of view on categories and companies. Why would we invest in a company? What creates the opportunity for an outsize return in a space? What market technology trends are creating disruptions and therefore investing opportunities? The output here will be the development of market maps and targeted outreach to potential investment opportunities, both within the portfolio and sourced independently.
- Lead comprehensive diligence on investment opportunities, including technical, operational and financial diligence. They will provide a comprehensive view of the company’s people, products, technologies, go-to-market plan, competitive position, and anything else relevant to making an investment decision.
- Make investment recommendations to the fund’s general partners and engage post-investment in the ongoing management and monitoring of the investment.
- Work directly with a Health Deal Partner to help ensure the appropriate breadth of coverage and industry expertise.
- Familiarity with the nuances of the technology investment industry
- 1-2+ years of experience with financial modeling, diligence, valuation work, supporting/making investment recommendations
- Desire to be part of a fast-growing team with the creativity to think out-of-the-box and lean into exiting, but (in many cases) as yet unproven investment opportunities. Must be able to work cross-functionally and collaboratively with our early-stage partners, with an ability to self-manage in an unstructured environment
- Genuine intellectual curiosity, the ability to learn new facts and concepts quickly and comprehensively, then explain those facts & concepts to other people succinctly
- Ability to synthesize complex information, form a sharp point of view, and communicate it clearly and succinctly to different audiences
- Desire and proven ability to learn new domains and technologies quickly
- We do only first class business and only in a first class way
- We take a long view of relationships, because we are in the relationship business
- We believe in the future and bet the firm that way
- We are all different, we recognize that, and we win
- We celebrate the good times
- We do it for the team
- We play to win
At a16z we are always looking to hire the absolute best talent and recognize that diversity in our experiences and backgrounds is what makes us stronger. We hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. These differences are what enables us to work towards the future we envision for ourselves, our portfolio companies, and the World.
Andreessen Horowitz hereby reserves the right to make use of any unsolicited resumes received from outside recruiting agencies and / or individual recruiters without being responsible for payment of any fees asserted from the use of unsolicited resumes.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Andreessen Horowitz (known as "a16z") is a venture capital firm in Silicon Valley, California, that backs bold entrepreneurs building the future throu...