Partner, Fintech Investing Team
Founded in Silicon Valley in 2009 by Marc Andreessen and Ben Horowitz, Andreessen Horowitz (known as "a16z") is a venture capital firm that backs bold entrepreneurs building the future through technology. We are stage agnostic: We invest in seed to venture to late-stage technology companies, across bio + healthcare, consumer, crypto, enterprise, fintech, games, and companies building toward American dynamism. a16z has $35B in assets under management across multiple funds.
We’ve established a team that is defined by respect for the entrepreneur and the company-building process; we know what it’s like to be in the founder’s shoes. We’ve invested in companies like Robinhood, Wise, Opendoor, Plaid, Stripe, Deel and many others. Our team is at the forefront of new technology, helping founders and their companies impact and change the world.
a16z is seeking to recruit a Partner to join the firm’s Fintech investing practice. The successful candidate will work closely with General Partners in driving all aspects of investments, including defining segments of interest, sourcing investment opportunities, due diligence; specifically providing a detailed analysis in picking startups. The successful candidate will play an impactful role in a highly collaborative, dynamic and entrepreneurial firm. We hire for strengths and superpowers, with a belief that the best teams draw their exceptionalism from these unique, yet complementary, individuals.
To join our team, we ask for the following experience:
- 4+ years experience as an Analyst or Associate in banking, finance/investing, or consulting AND/OR analytical experience at a startup (preferably a fintech one)
- Demonstrated passion for financial services (e.g., worked at a fintech company, write about fintech, angel invest or advise, clearly follow what’s going on in the space)
- Outstanding analytical and quantitative skills
- Proven track record to succeed in an ever changing environment
- Conviction in your viewpoints but with a quick feedback loop that allows for rapid resourcefulness
- Intellectually curious with a dedication to go the extra mile
- Collaborative attitude with a team-first approach
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal
- Demonstrated judgment; record of making winning decisions
- Ability to quickly build rapport and trust from others
- You can self-manage and prioritize in a fast paced environment
- Ability to synthesize sophisticated information, form a sharp point of view, and communicate it in a relevant way to different audiences
- We do only first class business and only in a first class way
- We take a long view of relationships, because we are in the relationship business
- We believe in the future and bet the firm that way
- We are all different, we recognize that, and we win
- We celebrate the good times
- We do it for the team
- We play to win
At a16z we are always looking to hire the absolute best talent and recognize that diversity in our experiences and backgrounds is what makes us stronger. We hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. These differences are what enables us to work towards the future we envision for ourselves, our portfolio companies, and the World.
Andreessen Horowitz hereby reserves the right to make use of any unsolicited resumes received from outside recruiting agencies and / or individual recruiters without being responsible for payment of any fees asserted from the use of unsolicited resumes.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Andreessen Horowitz (known as "a16z") is a venture capital firm in Silicon Valley, California, that backs bold entrepreneurs building the future throu...