Events Specialist, Venture
Founded in Silicon Valley in 2009 by Marc Andreessen and Ben Horowitz, Andreessen Horowitz (known as "a16z") is a venture capital firm that backs bold entrepreneurs building the future through technology. We are stage agnostic: We invest in seed to venture to late-stage technology companies, across bio + healthcare, consumer, crypto, enterprise, fintech, games, and companies building toward American dynamism. a16z has $35B in assets under management across multiple funds.
We’ve established a team that is defined by respect for the entrepreneur and the company-building process; we know what it’s like to be in the founder’s shoes. We’ve invested in companies like Affirm, Airbnb, Coinbase, Databricks, Devoted Health, EQRx, Figma, GitHub, Instacart, OpenSea, Roblox, Stripe, and Substack. Our team is at the forefront of new technology, helping founders and their companies impact and change the world.
The Events team plays a critical role on the Venture Marketing team in crafting memorable and engaging experiences that drive powerful and lasting connections among our portfolio companies and our broader network. As we scale our events operation, we’re looking for a strong Events Specialist who can help the team run smoothly, as well as help maintain a centralized and coordinated view into a verticalized operation. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who enjoys implementing processes and improving efficiency, organization, and visibility - while bringing people together.
To join our team, you should be excited to:
- Collaborate with the Venture Events team in day-to-day operations; coordinate end-to-end workflow for team programs, lead calendaring for the team, and ensure firmwide visibility for all events
- Provide air traffic control and help keep the team aligned on major cross-functional projects. You’ll work closely to support the team, take meeting notes and assign action items to keep everyone on track
- Lead event planning and execution on network dinners and small events
- Own systems management and reporting for team dashboards and platforms. You love bringing clarity, organization, and consistency to distributed and complex projects
- Work cross-functionally and collaborate with partners across the organization
- Provide support in creating events communication campaigns and marketing collateral
- Conduct basic research, and synthesize data into various reports and presentations as needed
- Engage with both internal and external events speakers to coordinate prep calls, rehearsals, and ensure they are fully prepared
- Attend and help oversee a16z’s presence at events (virtual or in-person) and travel as needed
Who You Are
- You have a minimum of 5 years of experience in event planning and execution
- You enjoy being a part of a team and bringing people together through clear and effective communication and collaboration
- You have experience in a fast-paced environment and are able to prioritize multiple deadlines and projects at once and communicate when you need support
- You have an understanding of organizational systems and are able to learn new systems and tools quickly; experience with Marketo and Salesforce is preferred
- You are reliable and consistently deliver on time with a strong attention to detail
- You’re adaptable and comfortable navigating ambiguous and high-stakes situations with patience and poise
- You have strong analytical skills which allow for creative methods to achieve results and problem solve
- You are imaginative and enjoy being part of the brainstorm and vision for experiences of various scale
- You are proud of your high integrity, and have validated experience in exercising discretion and maintaining confidentiality
- You have a bias for action and operate with hustle and enthusiasm
- We do only first class business and only in a first class way
- We take a long view of relationships, because we are in the relationship business
- We believe in the future and bet the firm that way
- We are all different, we recognize that, and we win
- We celebrate the good times
- We do it for the team
- We play to win
At a16z we are always looking to hire the absolute best talent and recognize that diversity in our experiences and backgrounds is what makes us stronger. We hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. These differences are what enables us to work towards the future we envision for ourselves, our portfolio companies, and the World.
Andreessen Horowitz hereby reserves the right to make use of any unsolicited resumes received from outside recruiting agencies and / or individual recruiters without being responsible for payment of any fees asserted from the use of unsolicited resumes.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Andreessen Horowitz (known as "a16z") is a venture capital firm in Silicon Valley, California, that backs bold entrepreneurs building the future throu...