Deal Coordination Partner
Founded in Silicon Valley in 2009 by Marc Andreessen and Ben Horowitz, Andreessen Horowitz (known as "a16z") is a venture capital firm that backs bold entrepreneurs building the future through technology. We are stage agnostic: We invest in seed to venture to late-stage technology companies, across bio + healthcare, consumer, crypto, enterprise, fintech, games, and companies building toward American dynamism. a16z has $35B in assets under management across multiple funds.
We’ve established a team that is defined by respect for the entrepreneur and the company-building process; we know what it’s like to be in the founder’s shoes. We’ve invested in companies like Affirm, Airbnb, Coinbase, Databricks, Devoted Health, EQRx, Figma, GitHub, Instacart, OpenSea, Roblox, Stripe, and Substack. Our team is at the forefront of new technology, helping founders and their companies impact and change the world.
a16z is growing and we are looking to bring on a dynamic operations partner for our deal team. This team is on the front lines of our mission and innovation, managing the a16z deal process, from initial inbound deals to partnership meetings. In this role, you will be responsible for the program management of our deals, working cross-functionally with our Venture Fund investing teams.
We are looking for a strong program manager who is looking to make an impact by keeping our deal process on track through strong organizational skills, being detail oriented, and working at the highest level of integrity and confidentiality.
We would love to hear from you if you believe in and demonstrate the utmost respect and empathy for all entrepreneurs and their work, and have proven experience in high pressure client-facing situations, working with a variety of executive styles and with the ability to handle all with action and grace.
This is an in-person role that requires that the individual be in the Menlo Park on Mondays and San Francisco office on Thursdays.
To join our team, you should be excited to:
- Build and cultivate long-term relationships
- Review inbound business plans, triaging and ensuring these are reviewed with the right investing partners
- Onboard new Deal Partners onto our deal process and systems
- Schedule and manage partnership meetings
- Track and manage the deal pipeline
- Work closely with our broader deal operations team to close and onboard new portfolio companies
- Experience working at a technology company, preferably in sales operations or program management
- Ability to synthesize complex information and communicate it in a relevant way to different audiences (both written and verbal)
- Ability to prioritize multiple items and work on tight deadlines
- You are a natural project manager with excellent attention to detail
- You have high emotional intelligence
- You can translate business needs into tangible processes
- Desire and ability to learn about venture capital, new domains and technologies quickly
- Comfortable working with Salesforce CRM as well as business reporting tools
- We do only first class business and only in a first class way
- We take a long view of relationships, because we are in the relationship business
- We believe in the future and bet the firm that way
- We are all different, we recognize that, and we win
- We celebrate the good times
- We do it for the team
- We play to win
At a16z we are always looking to hire the absolute best talent and recognize that diversity in our experiences and backgrounds is what makes us stronger. We hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. These differences are what enables us to work towards the future we envision for ourselves, our portfolio companies, and the World.
Andreessen Horowitz hereby reserves the right to make use of any unsolicited resumes received from outside recruiting agencies and / or individual recruiters without being responsible for payment of any fees asserted from the use of unsolicited resumes.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Andreessen Horowitz (known as "a16z") is a venture capital firm in Silicon Valley, California, that backs bold entrepreneurs building the future throu...