Visiting Analyst / Working Student
Matterwave Ventures is a European VC backing hardware and software companies in the Industrial Tech space, empowering them to become global leaders. Our expertise in this space is unmatched. We’ve been investors in this sector for two decades, bringing determination, grit, and experience to the board rooms. Our academic training and hands-on practical industry experience help us to fully understand technologies and open doors.
Matterwave has backed companies ranging from component, module and systems hardware companies with embedded software to application and infrastructure software suppliers for industrial verticals. Our technology focus lies in Frontier Technologies, Industrial Automation & Digitalization and in Energy, Resource Efficiency and Industrial Decarbonization. Investments out of our current portfolio of 35 companies include EFFECT Photonics, bigrep, Dyemansion, Synfioo/P44, Ninox, Sensolus, Threedy, Innatera, LiveEO, fruitcore Robotics, Equal1 and Codasip.
Initial investments range from EUR 1-4m and we can increase our total investment to EUR 10m over the life cycle of a company.
- You have or are about to complete your degree in Natural Sciences, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or any related studies with technical or scientific background and achieved outstanding academic results
- You can demonstrate relevant work experience. Exposure to the start-up ecosystem / initial experience in the area of investment management in the start-up ecosystem is a plus.
- You have a passion for entrepreneurship, technology, and disruptive ideas
- You are team-oriented, motivated, committed, proactive and capable to work independently
- You are an expert problem solver who is comfortable with numbers and technologies and are used to pay attention to detail
- You have strong communication skills and are fluent in spoken and written German and English
- Active deal sourcing and screening of new investment opportunities, presentation to the team
- Preparation of industry research in order to form new investment hypotheses
- Support of our team in the investment process (business identification, evaluation and due diligence activities)
- Support of portfolio companies, participation in company meetings and presence at events
Why should you join us?
- Opportunity to work in a dynamic organisation that is influencing the growth of tech entrepreneurship at the earliest stages
- Flat hierarchies with space for your own ideas – and infinite opportunities to learn
- Possibility to evaluate and support cutting edge technologies that can actually make a difference
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We fund European early-stage industrial hardware and software companies, empowering them to become global leaders.