Chief of Staff to Brent Hoberman
We are looking for a Chief of Staff to work directly with Co-Founder and Chair Brent Hoberman [Twitter, LinkedIn] as a trusted right hand alongside his Executive Assistant. This role will work across Founders Forum Group, Founders Factory, firstminute capital and other wider tech ecosystem initiatives as well as personal ones including his angel portfolio and advisory boards.
It’s a cross-functional role at the heart of the tech ecosystem, where you will interact with a large number of stakeholders on a wide range of daily tasks and manage projects that might range from a few days to a few months.
Every day will be different, but will likely include:
Strategic & Operational Support
- Provide strategic support to the Co-Founder/Chair - sit in on meetings; at times, deputise; manage follow ups; field and filter internal and external requests; set priorities; act as a sounding board and sparring partner; influence decision making; escalate business critical issues
- Maximise the Co-Founder/Chair’s value to a/ the FF Group CEO and FF Group Businesses, b/ Founders Factory, firstminute capital and angel portfolio founders, and c/ external stakeholders – from government leaders and corporate sponsors to high growth tech founders across Europe
- Manage, grow and leverage the Co-Founder/Chair’s CRM to serve the wider FF Group and its portfolio companies with business development and fundraising efforts
- Streamline operational processes
- Fill in gaps and firefight - you need to be happy to help wherever needed and stretch from high level strategy down to getting the granular day-to-day reactive work done
- Initiate, lead or support special projects and new company launches. Level of involvement will vary project to project from advising to end-to-end execution.
- Support the growth of the FF Group via facilitating the rollout of new ventures, event products and international expansion and provide clear updates on progress, blockers and risks
- Build and nurture relationships with the FF Group Heads of Businesses and their employees to promote and facilitate cross-group collaboration
- Highlight improvements to organisational structure; support hiring processes for key roles and ensure we are able to attract and retain talent
- Lead internal and external communication for the Co-Founder/Chair which will include producing social media content and pitching, editing and writing for leading media outlets
- Support on interview preparation and briefings prior to media interviews and/or press events
- Review public speaking requests and prepare talking points for those committed to
- Help curate guest lists and deliver events in the UK, Europe, US, and Asia managing sponsor relationships where necessary
- Organise meet and greets for delegation visits
This is a unique opportunity in which individuals from many different backgrounds could excel. We hope to meet with candidates with at least 3 years of working experience. Regardless of your previous work, you’ll succeed in this role if most of the below resonates:
- You’re energised by being at the heart of the entrepreneurship ecosystem and have a passion for tech startups
- You’re a fast and infinite learner who feels comfortable wearing many hats without being told how to wear them
- You’re a doer and not afraid of the hustle
- You’re known for your EQ
- You’re an organised, self-motivator who cares about the detail, and is, above all, reliable
- You’re curious and intuitive – a creative thinker, yet also analytical and logical
- You’re a confident writer and pride yourself on concise, thoughtful, and creative communication, distilling complex topics into succinct, impactful messaging
- You know when to be a fly on the wall, and when to offer your two cents
- You have the presence to interact with all levels: from corporate CEOs and established founders/investors to early-stage entrepreneurs and junior employees
- You’re loyal and selfless - confident enough to be candid when needed, but humble enough to work behind the scenes and empower others
In terms of your future, after 2-4 years you’ll likely aspire to spin out and lead one of our new ventures, take a senior role at one of our portfolio companies, run one of our internal functions, or do something else ambitious within the tech ecosystem!
You will be based in London at our two offices - 180 The Strand, and High Street Kensington. Please note we will not be considering remote candidates. You may travel internationally a handful of times a year for Founders Forum and firstminute capital events where required.
- Private Healthcare
- Pension Contribution
- The tech you need to do your job
- Brand new offices - 180 The Strand, and High Street Kensington
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Supporting entrepreneurs at every stage of their journeys.