Technical Investment Associate
6MV is a thesis driven Web3 Fund investing in the most talented, inventive and tenacious founders across the global crypto and blockchain landscape. Our ethos stems from the game of basketball, where every legendary team has a strong 6th Man to help off the bench. We are building a world-class team to support a portfolio of 100+ projects, protocols & companies and growth of the broader crypto ecosystem.
We are hiring a technical investor - someone with engineering experience who is capable of thesis building, sourcing, evaluating and diligencing deals across technical Web3 categories such as infrastructure, decentralized compute & storage, ZKPs, and DeFi. You will also inform our investment strategies across L1/L2 networks and establish yourself as a thoughtful, trusted developer in the respective subcommunities. Lastly, you will develop frameworks to assess the fundamental value of businesses & protocols to help drive portfolio management decisions and execution.
This role is ideal for someone with Web3 development experience who wants to join a Web3 native fund on the ground level, and help us invest in the most formative companies that shape the crypto industry, as well as support those founders on their journey to greatness.
You will spend time externally in the crypto community representing 6MV at key events, and internally advising portfolio companies on complex and highly technical decisions. As a member of the investment team, you will have the opportunity to gain unparalleled exposure to inspiring entrepreneurs and technologists while shaping the future of the ecosystem.
We are looking for someone who is able to start immediately and are flexible on location, though your working hours should overlap at least 50% with New York.
Strong technical skills, insatiable curiosity, tenacity and critical thinking are by far the most important attributes for team members in this position. We don't over index on resumes or accolades. We seek candidates that have a strong technical foundation, deep understanding of the blockchain ecosystem and enthusiasm for its growth.
- Develop investment thesis across technical Web3 categories
- Evaluate and diligence new investment opportunities
- Advise portfolio companies on technical and product matters
- Support the investment and research teams in building internal tooling (eg data pipelines, token simulations)
- Serve as the public face of 6MV in highly technical environments, such as developer conferences and hackathons
- Analyze token investment and utilization opportunities to maximize fund returns
- Act as an educational resource for the investment team
- Foundational knowledge of math and/or computer science, such that you can influence world-class engineering teams as a peer
- 1-5 years engineering experience in a world class team, and experience building and deploying smart contracts on one or more networks
- Detailed understanding of ongoing crypto projects, and ideally deep network of high value relationships within the community
- High degree of agency
- Curiosity and open-mindedness
- Ability to travel domestically and/or internationally for community engagement, developer summits, presentations, meetings and conferences
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We’re 6MV. A web3 native collective of investors, founders, and builders, partnering with innovators to create the user-owned internet.