Operating Value Associate
Role Description: We are actively hiring a new Operating Value Associate to join our team. The Operating Value Associate will be responsible for assisting the Head of Operating Value with:
Portfolio Business Development
- Engage and nurture Fin Capital’s existing global network of Fortune 500 companies
- Identify how to best reach potential portfolio company customers and partners through Fin Capital network
- Assist portfolio companies in developing target customer lists and pitches
- Track progress and success of all ongoing business development introductions (investors, customers, partners)
Strategic LP Support
- Develop quarterly strategic overview presentations to guide BD focus areas for the next quarter with the top 15 strategic LPs
- Develop market landscape reports on emerging fintech trends
- Assist investment team with thesis development based on on-going relationships within FinTech ecosystem
- Network with Platform, BD, and Partnerships peers at other venture capital firms
- Develop relationships with top 10 fintech accelerators/incubators to identify collaborative opportunities and ensure ongoing deal flow to investment team
- Work with Chief of Staff to develop and participate in community driven event opportunities for portfolio companies (CEO Summits, Technology Awards, CRO Dinners, Women in Fintech, etc.)
Horizontal Platform Support
- Develop thematic best practice playbooks and toolkits for portfolio companies
- Grow and maintain a network of external service providers to support portfolio companies through our vendor marketplace
- Prepare quarterly “value add” reports for top 35 portfolio companies
- Publish Annual CEO Survey
- Build a metrics driven organization through evolved reporting, dashboards, and tracking channels to provide actionable insight on performance and growth opportunities
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 2-4 years in strategic consulting or corporate strategy and financial technology experience
- Strong attention to detail, organizational, and multi-tasking skills
- Highly proficient in PowerPoint and Excel
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to conceptualize and communicate complex subject matter to a variety of audiences
- Personable and engaging personality that can develop strong and long lasting relationships across the industry
- Enjoy building repeatable and scalable systems and processes yet recognize that human connection is the heart of effective communities
Fin Capital is a full lifecycle global asset manager exclusively focused on FinTech software. We invest from pre-seed to pre-IPO along with the public markets. As ESG investors, we seek impact on several dimensions and our mission is to build a long-term legacy for our investors, founders, firm and team members – the "Fin Family." We are passionate about rolling up our sleeves and partnering with repeat entrepreneurs that have deep financial services experience, audacious goals, differentiated products, and a global platform mindset.
We call ourselves "FinTech Nerds with Capital" as we are operators at our core with deep corporate and start-up leadership experience - we know intimately what it’s like to walk in entrepreneurial shoes. Through our "OS" Lighthouse and hands-on operating playbook, we add meaningful value beyond capital throughout the partnership lifecycle.
Read more about us here: https://fin.capital
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Fin is an asset management firm investing full lifecycle in FinTech and adjacent verticals in principally B2B enterprise SaaS companies.