Venture Ops Associate
Samsung Next is an investment and M&A arm of Samsung Electronics, the world’s largest consumer electronics company and one of the best known consumer technology brands. Samsung Next invests in the boldest and most ambitious founders. Our investment areas include AI, Blockchain, Edge Infrastructure, Fintech, Healthtech, and Metaverse. The Investment Team is backed by our Platform Team which include operators, marketers, and sales and business developers who are committed to the success of every portfolio company. Samsung Next also includes an M&A team that helps founders realize their visions and bring their solutions to consumers around the world.
About the Role:
This role is part of our Ventures team within the Samsung Next organization. The Venture Operations Associate role will collaborate with the entire venture capital investment team as well as work cross-functionally with the Platform, MarComms, Finance, and Legal teams. This role acts as a nexus for Next to ensure proactive management and support of our portfolio companies. This is a great opportunity to play an integral role with Next portfolio companies, working closely with them from pre-investment to deal close and onboarding.
Silicon Valley/San Francisco Bay Area preferred
- Manage and coordinate portfolio company operations:
- Serves as the primary expert of Next’s portfolio companies through deal sourcing, investment, and operational management stages
- Works closely with MDs & investors to execute the team’s investment processes, while bringing flexibility and efficiency to fund operations
- Maintains a holistic and accurate view of the Next portfolio including current valuation, company status, and non-financial metrics
- Manages onboarding of new portfolio companies
- Ensures portfolio company coordination between all of the teams within Next including Finance, Legal, Platform, and MarComms
- Data management and reporting:
- Ensure quality data management and timely reporting
- Ad hoc projects including delivering on Samsung HQ requests
- Maintenance and management of software tools:
- Manages portfolio company data and activity in Affinity CRM
- Manages Carta and coordinates semiannual updates with Finance team
- Ensures other vendor relationships and tools run smoothly
- Coordinate team operations:
- Manages weekly team agendas for Ventures team and Managing Director meetings
- Supports Ventures team projects as needed
- Outstanding analytical skills and strong intellectual curiosity with with high EQ
- Team oriented, excellent communication skills, and community contributor
- Demonstrated passion for efficiency, organization, and hard work -- you get the job done no matter what it takes
- 2+ years of work experience managing operations or projects in consulting, startup or corporate environments
- Undergraduate degree
- Preference for past work experience in venture capital, finance, consulting, banking or highly detailed work
- Passion or experience for tech, especially in our sector focus areas (AI, Blockchain, Edge Computing, Media Tech, Digital Health and FinTech) a plus.
- Korean language skills is a strong plus (not a requirement)
At Samsung Next, we envision a world in which all phenomenal ideas have an equal chance of being realized and believe a dedication to diversity and inclusion is vital to making this happen. We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, ability, marital status, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We invest in the boldest and most ambitious founders.