Contrary identifies the world's top talent, and invests in companies they start or join.
Backed by iconic founders from Tesla, Reddit, Facebook, and many more, we build networks and tools that empower people to create great startups.
Ultimately, our mission is to become the layer connecting every talented, ambitious, and ethical person nationwide, for life.
There aren't opportunities like this at venture capital funds. But as with most things at Contrary, we're a little bit different.
You’ll help accelerate adoption of and drive execution of 2 breakout media brands (Startup Search & Contrary Research) as they become the de-facto source for tech talent and company insights, working cross functionally with engineering, design, talent, events and the investment team.
- Startup Search is becoming the go-to place for talented operators and investors in tech to discover the best opportunities in startups and venture.
- Contrary Research is the best destination on the internet for finding high-quality research and in-depth analysis of private companies.
We expect the Growth Manager to wear a lot of hats and evolve as the Contrary platform continues to expand. You will:
- Own the execution of Startup Search end-to-end, from product to operations: manage the weekly newsletter, growth strategy, events, and product.
- Own the execution of Contrary Research, from content calendar to weekly newsletter.
- Have access to a world-class EPD (engineering, product, design, data) team with experience from Uber, Facebook, Stripe, Lyft, Carta, and Stytch.
- Experiment with “moonshot” growth projects that nobody has done before.
We expect breadth and rigor both intellectually and operationally, but are very amenable to alternative backgrounds. Your educational and work histories are far less important to us than what you've personally accomplished. This role may potentially be a fit if:
- You have 2+ years of growth, product, product operations, operations, management consulting, investment banking or similar experience.
- You are action-oriented and aspirational with a natural inclination to think beyond the immediate needs of a project toward its long term outcomes.
- You move quickly, are entrepreneurial in nature, and are excited to take full ownership of projects with little guidance.
- You’re detail-oriented and take pride in your execution.
- You work hard enough to be a world-class operator, but don't make work your entire life.
- You enjoy having a high amount of ownership and autonomy.
Location: The team is fully remote with a strong preference to work North American hours. The team you’ll work alongside is distributed across the US.
Compensation: You will have a competitive cash salary, plus carry in our fund.
Please apply by emailing email@example.com with your resume and LinkedIn profile, and a quick sentence or two about why the role interests you. We'll get back to you soon — we're excited to get rolling, and you'd start as soon as possible!
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Contrary is a venture fund that identifies and invests in the world’s top talent. Backed by iconic founders from Tesla, Airbnb, Facebook, and more.