Chief of Staff
We're looking for someone to lead all operations and help build and scale our business. You’ll be deeply involved in all aspects of our business and will act as the glue that keeps it all together and keeps us moving forward.
The perfect person is a jack of all trades and admires their own ability to get basically anything done. Whatever the challenge and no matter the ambiguity, you’re adept at being able to dive in and figure it out.
✨ About Us
Spacecadet is The Marketing VC. We invest in Pre/Seed companies that fuel a Better Future and ensure they start with a strong story.
- $15M+ Pre/Seed fund backed by stellar LPs like Marc Andreessen, Chris Dixon, Alexis Ohanian, Stewart Butterfield, Hunter Walk, etc
- Small team, founded by Wiz & Daniel
- Down to earth day dreamers who love hacking together smart systems to make life easier
- Gourmands who are always in search of magical meals
- Endless fascination with emerging culture and technology trends
- Check out our badass pixel art LP deck 👾
🛸 Your Mission
This is a great role for someone who wants to be involved in all aspects of running an emerging VC fund and influence our strategic direction. You’ll get the chance to build meaningful relationships with our entire network, including all of our founders, co-investors, and LPs.
- Build: This is day #1. Help us build a legacy. You'll be responsible for leading key projects, driving both the vision and project delivery.
- Operations: Be the primary person responsible for all operations: Investing Ops, Legal/Finance/IT/HR/Administrative Ops, etc. You’ll be supported by Wiz and the rest of the team but you’re the point person on all things operations.
- Diligence: Help evaluate companies using our investment criteria and POV.
- Support: Help our portfolio companies with requests, support with high level marketing strategy, build community among our founders and LPs.
🧑🚀 Ideal Cadet
Chief of Staff is an interesting role that can mean a lot of different things. We like how this article discusses the role. Here are just a few examples of people we think could be a great fit:
- An aspiring entrepreneur who wants a rare window into the VC and fundraising side of the business.
- A business generalist with a passion for technology and a penchant for learning new things fast.
- A project manager or operations guru with startup experience who thrives on keeping the trains running on time with little oversight.
Here’s more of what we would like to see:
- Minimum of two years of work experience, ideally in operations, startups (including former founders) and / or management consulting; prior venture experience not required
- Incredibly driven, autonomous, and entrepreneurial. You should be able to come up with your own work.
- Attention to detail — you take pride in your attention to the “small things”. You cringe when work is done sloppily, you spot small mistakes, things are formatted weirdly, etc.
- Organized, strong writing skills, strong research skills
- Intellectually curious and deeply immersed in tech
- Humble and eager to do both fun and not so fun tasks
- Kind, good-humored, free-thinker, thoughtful
- Prefer someone with lots of overlap with Eastern Time working hours
- $90-140K USD base salary (depending on experience)
- Carried Interest on all investments (fund and SPVs)
- Three weeks paid vacation
- Fully paid health insurance
- Guilt-free remote — work wherever, whenever
If you’re interested in joining, please tell us more about yourself here. We’re accepting applications through Wednesday November 30th.
Lastly, if this role isn’t for you but you know someone that might be a good fit, please forward this along!
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Spacecadet is a venture collective fueling a better future with a mix of money + marketing expertise.